York County 4-H Blast
April 6, 2018
2018 Fair Books Are Here!
Enroll in 4-H
Enrollment deadline - May 1
Go to ne.4honline.com to complete.
4-H Public Speaking Contest
The 2018 Theme is 4-H Grown. Watch for more information in the monthly newsletter.
Market Beef ID
Due April 15
See the March Newsletter for more details.
Crop Science Investigation (CSI)
Youth in York and surrounding counties interested in crops, plants, and science are welcome to attend CSI! We meet monthly and youth become detectives to solve a problem.
Next meeting is April 16 @ 5PM
Jr Camp Registration Now Open
Jr Camp on-line registration is now open. See the flyer below for more information. May 11th is the early bird registration deadline. Camper spots, if available, after the 11 will be on a first come, first serve basis.
The camp registration site-
All York County 4-H'ers are eligible to apply for 4-H Camp Scholarships, sponsored by the York County 4-H Council. Applications are due April 12!
Raise Your Hand Promotion
The National 4-H Council Raise Your Hand promotion has begun! Now through May 15, the three states across the nation with the most hands raised will win $20,000, $10,000 and $5,000. Nebraska wants to be in that winner circle!
Raising your hand is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Raise Your Hand: Go to 4-H.org/RaiseYourHand to vote for Nebraska.
2. Compete for Your State: Raising your hand is a vote towards a $20,000, $10,000 or $5,000 award for the states with the most hands raised.
3. Pay It Forward: Tweet, post and share your #4HGrown support and ask your network to raise their hands at 4-H.org/RaiseYourHand.
YQCA - Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (Quality Assurance)
In 2018, all youth ages 8-18 enrolled in any of following animal projects will need to complete YQCA training: • Beef (bucket calf, feeder calf, breeding beef, market beef) • Dairy cattle • Goat (breeding meat goat, dairy goat, meat goat) • Poultry • Rabbit • Sheep (breeding sheep, market sheep) • Swine (breeding swine, market swine)
Youth must be currently enrolled at https://ne.4honline.com
In York County, youth may choose one of two options to complete their YQCA requirements:
• Complete online training at https://yqca.learngrow.io. Cost is $12. For directions and more information, visit https://4h.unl.edu/yqca. Once training is complete, send completed certificates to Tanya Crawford, email@example.com or drop off at the Extension Office. If certificates are not submitted, we have no way of knowing if trainings have been completed. No certificate = No Certification
• Attend a face-to-face training. Once a date is set the 4-H member must sign up online and pay the YQCA Fee of $3.00 BEFORE the training. To sign up for face to face trainings, you must go to https://learngrow.io . The training will cost $3 payable by credit or debit card on the website. We cannot take payments in person; all families must register and pay online. Then at the training, you will pay the Nebraska Extension – York County $5. You must sign in as proof of attendance. After the training, Tanya will go in and issue the certification.
Deadline to complete Youth for Quality Care of Animals (Quality Assurance) is June 15. If you have further questions, contact Tanya Crawford at 402-362-5508 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Extension is a Division of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln cooperating with the Counties and the United States Department of Agriculture.
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension educational programs abide with the nondiscrimination policies of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and the United States Department of Agriculture.