Paw Paw School
Friday May 20, 2022
8th Grade Hallway Walk
8th Grade Promotion
Please CLICK HERE to read important information about upcoming activities and the promotion ceremony. A copy of this letter was sent home with 8th grade students on Monday.
Wednesday May 25th Awards Program
Message from the Paw Paw school board
The Paw Paw School Board is looking for community members who would like to be part of a committee to explore metrics for future high school planning. The Committee will meet with Board representatives to create recommendations that will be shared with the whole Board, for use by the Board when considering future high school programming.
Please use this link if you are interested in being a part of this committee: https://forms.gle/QfosCwoGEat2hzGy7
This form will close on May 27, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.
Thank you for your time,
The Paw Paw School Board
Class of 2026 Freshman Orientation
One more week for penny wars!
2022-2023 Student Registration Information
Completed registration forms can be returned to school in one of the three following ways:
1. Send back to school with your child by the last day of school, May 31, 2022.
2. Drop off in the drop box located outside the main office entrance (to the left of the doors).
3. Mail to: Paw Paw School, P.O. Box 37, Paw Paw IL 61353
If you would prefer to register In-Person, registration dates will be Tuesday, August 2nd from 2:00-6:00 p.m. and Wednesday, August 3rd from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the school office at 815-627-2671.
Volleyball Coaching Positions Available
Paw Paw CUSD #271 is currently accepting applications for the opening of Head Volleyball Coach and Assistant Volleyball Coach for the fall 2022 season. Preferably applicants would have previous coaching experience, as well as have or be willing to get CPR/AED certification. Interested applicants may submit a letter of interest and resume to: Paw Paw CUSD #271 Attn: Jennifer Warrenfeltz, PO Box 508, Paw Paw, IL 61353 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost and Found
Paw Paw Boys and Girls Club Information
Before and After-school Program
Located in Room #303
Available Monday through Friday 7-8am and 3-5:30pm in accordance with the school calendar
4- C Certified
Half hour rates are available as well as multi student discount.
Pre- registration is required. Email us at email@example.com or stop in the main office for registration.
Follow us on Facebook at Paw Paw Boys and Girls Club.
- May 20: 1:45 Dismissal for School Improvement meetings
- May 25: 1:40 8th/kindergarten Hallway Walk (parents invited)
- May 25: 2:00 Awards Program for 5th-8th Grade--Parents invited to attend
- May 26: 8th Grade Class Trip
- May 27: Kindergarten Graduation 2:00 p.m.
- May 27: 8th Grade Graduation 7:00 p.m.
- May 30: No school in observance of Memorial Day
- May 31: Last day of school 11:45 dismissal
Paw Paw Families:
Our school district has partnered with the Regional Office of Education (ROE) #47 to offer a support system for students and families that need support and basic assistance. The ROE staff will work closely with families who need additional support in accessing community resources, providing family education on various topics, and family goal-setting.
Basic Needs Assistance Not Limited To:
• Food Assistance
• Clothing Assistance
• Housing Assistance
• Utility Assistance
• Community Resources
• Medical/ Dental
• Medicaid/SNAP Application Assistance
• Mental Health/Substance Use Services
• Finding Childcare
Family Education Not Limited To:
• Born Learning in Partnership with Whiteside County United Way
• Parental Strategies While Coping With Your Own Mental Health Challenges
• The IEP Process Prep Series
• Family Goal Setting
• Financial Planning-What Families Learned During a Pandemic.
• Understanding My Medicaid Benefits
• And so much more!!!
This support will be confidential and respectful. There are no fees for families to participate in this program. If you have any questions about this program or need additional support, please contact our Nexus coordinator, Lacy Hansen, at 815-627-2841 ext 222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer to contact the ROE directly, please call Diana at 815-625-1945.
Our school/district has adopted the Hāpara Instructional Suite. This is a great opportunity for your child/children because it will provide new ways to personalize learning to meet their individual needs, and keep them safe during online learning and provide them with ongoing feedback on their work to encourage continuous learning and growth. Hāpara is an Instructional Suite of tools that works with Google G Suite to add functionality in a classroom setting. Hāpara provides teachers with:
Access to your student’s school documents and online activity through their school-issued accounts
Visibility into web activity when students are logged in to their school account
A place to engage in classroom work so students can have personalized learning experiences.
The Hapara Instructional Suite is only utilized and active during the school day from the hours of 8:00-3:00.
Paw Paw Bulldog Spirit Wear
- We have connected with Jostens to create a Paw Paw spirit wear website. Please check out the link below to see what is available to purchase.