Paw Paw School
Friday, May 26 2023
Below is our last Weekly Update for the school year!
The last day of school is Tuesday, May 30 with an 11:45 dismissal that day. No lunch is being served.
If you have any questions please contact Ms. Warrenfeltz at email@example.com
8th Grade Parents: below is information on ordering graduation pictures
Congratulations to our 8th Graders and our kindergartners!
Congratulations to our May Students of the Month!
The May Character Trait was Integrity
First Grade: Kinley Happ
Second Grade: Lilah Padilla
Third Grade: Zoe Robeson
Fourth Grade: Tanner Falkos
Fifth Grade: Valerie Zvonek
Junior High: Kamilah Negrete
Upcoming Events from ROE #47
Paw Paw School Board Meetings
2023-2024 School Year Registration
Art/LibraryTeacher: Full Time Certified Teacher
Please contact Ms. Warrenfeltz if you are interested in this position
Assistant Volleyball Coach
Head Boys Basketball Coach
Head Girls Basketball Coach
Head Track Coach
Please contact Mr. Garza if you are interested in any of these positions
School Calendar 2023-2024
School Board Vacancy
May Artists of the month!
The May artists of the month are:
Ellie Hames for her Pointillism and Keith Zvonek for his Laurel Burch abstract cat!
Lost and Found
Community Closet Donations Needed
Available to all students and staff members
The Community Closet was created in 2022 as a resource for the students and staff members of Paw Paw School. It provides personal health products for those in need. We also keep spare clothes on hand in case of accidents, spillings, dirt/mud, etc. All of our resources are donated by the Lee County Health Department and members of the community. We are always accepting donations and are currently in need of the following items:
Travel size personal care items: Deodorant, lotion, mouth wash, toothpaste, lip balm, etc.
Feminine hygiene products
New or gently used shirts and pants with sizes ranging from child 4/5 to adult 3XL.
New or gently used gender neutral socks: all sizes.
Underwear: all sizes (never been worn)
Any donations are greatly appreciated! If you are able to contribute or have any questions, please contact:
(815) 627-2841 ext. #firstname.lastname@example.org_
- If you are driving in the front parking lot or behind the building be mindful of the school buses. If their arms are out and lights on please stop and wait.
- When traveling through the parking lot please watch your speed especially during drop off and pick up to help keep our students safe.
- Dogs are not allowed on school property during the school day when students are in attendance including during drop off and pick up times.
- If your child will be absent from school please call the office by 10:00 a.m. of the day they are absent or you can call the night before and leave a message.
If you have any questions please contact Ms. Warrenfeltz
May 29: No School Memorial Day
May 30: Last day of student attendance 11:45 dismissal
Paw Paw Families:
Our school district has partnered with the Regional Office of Education (ROE) #47 to offer a support system for students and families that need support and basic assistance. The ROE staff will work closely with families who need additional support in accessing community resources, providing family education on various topics, and family goal-setting.
Basic Needs Assistance Not Limited To:
• Food Assistance
• Clothing Assistance
• Housing Assistance
• Utility Assistance
• Community Resources
• Medical/ Dental
• Medicaid/SNAP Application Assistance
• Mental Health/Substance Use Services
• Finding Childcare
Family Education Not Limited To:
• Born Learning in Partnership with Whiteside County United Way
• Parental Strategies While Coping With Your Own Mental Health Challenges
• The IEP Process Prep Series
• Family Goal Setting
• Financial Planning-What Families Learned During a Pandemic.
• Understanding My Medicaid Benefits
• And so much more!!!
This support will be confidential and respectful. There are no fees for families to participate in this program. If you have any questions about this program or need additional support, please contact our Nexus coordinator, Lacy Hansen, at 815-627-2841 ext 222 or at email@example.com.
If you prefer to contact the ROE directly, please call Diana at 815-625-1945.