Dear Inlet View Parents, guardians, and students.
With the holidays rapidly approaching, let us be the first to extend to you and your family a warm Season’s Greetings! As we all navigate through these atypical times, may the Holiday Season bring only happiness and joy to you and your loved ones.
Your Inlet View family would like to make the most of these short weeks and still be able to celebrate the season in a safe and fun way.
We would love for you to join us for the following activities, 12 days of Christmas challenge, family BINGO night, and IB assembly. See details below.
The ASD leadership and taskforce continue planning for a gradual, phased-in approach to starting in-person learning. I’ll do my best to keep you informed, and I highly encourage you to look forward to the Superintendent’s updates every two weeks. I know more information is forthcoming, and we will work together to make the process as smooth as possible for you and your children.
Thank you for your continuous support, and again Happy Holidays!
IB Learner Profile of this month is KNOWLEDGEABLE
Students who are knowledgeable have explored relevant and significant concepts and can remember what they have learned. They can draw on this knowledge and apply it in new situations.
How can parents help to develop students who are Knowledgeable at home?
· Encourage your child to read books at home that correspond with the topics being covered in school. In particular, books in their mother tongue will help your child make more meaningful, lasting connections to what is being taught in their classroom in English.
· Ask your child about what they are learning in school and engage them in conversations about it:
· “Why do you think that is an important thing to know about?”
· “Can you think of anything happening in the world today that might be similar to that aspect of History?”
· Foster any area that your child expresses an interest in with books and activities, but also be sure to encourage them to explore other areas.
· Encourage your child to become familiar with current events and to read the newspaper and watch the news when appropriate
Thursday, Dec 10th at 6:00 pm
Inlet View PTA and Faculty are happy to host this first virtual family BINGO night.
Join us for a family night with prizes, music and a lot of fun!
Here's the zoom information
Topic: BINGO NIGHT
Time: Dec 10, 2020 06:00 PM Alaska
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 968 5800 4018
Winners of each round will receive a prize provide by Inlet View PTA
BINGO Card (pick up at Inlet View, outside the front door OR make your own), one per player
(borrowed from Kincaid Elementary)
Tool for identifying numbers that have been called
Beans, cereal, game chips, etc.
Crayons work, but we will use the same board for several rounds
Device to access Zoom
IB School Wide Assembly.Tuesday Dec 15th at 6:30 pm
Inlet View Mission is to focus on the development of the whole child as a knowledgeable inquirer, both in the classroom and abroad. We aim to develop caring, respectful, and mindful people who recognize their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet.
We will empower students to successfully solve real world problems and strengthen their enjoyment of working towards a goal. We will facilitate learning and support all students so they become compassionate, engaged life-long learners, who help to create a more caring and peaceful world.
Let's recognize students who have demonstrated attributes that identify them as Caring, Communicators, Inquirers and Knowledgeable.
Join us to celebrate their accomplishments!
Topic: IB Assembly
Time: Dec 15, 2020 06:30 PM Alaska
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 998 0923 6463
Thank you and we hope to see you there!