Green & Growing
Franklin County 4-H News - October 2020
Join Us For Sunday Dinner!
Texas Roadhouse Fundraiser
When: Sunday, October 4, 12-10pm
Where: 1540 Bethel Rd, Columbus, OH 43220
One of the Franklin County 4-H Council's biggest supporters, Texas Roadhouse, is offering a fundraiser to benefit 4-H on October 4, 2020 . Just stop in at the Bethel Road location for lunch or dinner and present the below flyer (printed or digital) and Texas Roadhouse will give 10% of your purchase to Franklin County 4-H! If you are in a hurry, you can even use the flyer for carry out purchases!
But wait, there's more! Roadhouse spirit night is also good towards the purchase of gift cards. What a great gift for the holidays! Purchase a gift card and 10% of the purchase is donated to 4-H!
Drive-Up Carryout Available! Texas Roadhouse Bethel Road has a fantastic drive-up carryout station that offers contactless payments, a cashier station outside, and you can even request that your food is brought right to your car. Their grill to go packs are complete with beautiful hand-cut steaks and potatoes that are ready to go on your grill at home PLUS rolls & honey butter!!!!
Stop by, have a tasty meal, and support 4-H! Feel free to share the flyer with your family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances, and through social media. Everyone is welcome!
Save the Date! If you can't make it this weekend, we have scheduled additional Spirit Nights for the 1st Sunday of November and December as well. Franklin County 4-H council appreciates your support as fundraising opportunities have been limited this year. The Council is responsible for supporting our 4-H youth with campership opportunities, awards for recognition, and 4-H outreach programs.
Time is Running Out - Clover 5k Registration Ends October 9
This year the Clover 5K is going virtual!
What does that mean?
- Participants choose their own location to run/walk the 5K.
- They will use their bib number and login information to enter their time on the official Clover 5K website.
- Awards will still be given for all of the age categories (see Clover 5K website for details)
- Participants are asked to complete the 5K between September 26 and October 10.
New promotional opportunity! I'm running for...
- Encourage others to participate by submitting a picture or video.
- Send us a picture or video of you supporting 4-H during the run and we will highlight some of the pictures on our social media!
- You can mention the Park & Serve and/or one of the non-profits and encourage others to join you in your support. You can hold up a sign, or say, "I'm running for..."
- Did you already register for the Clover 5K back in the spring? Great! Your registration has already been automatically moved to the virtual Clover 5K.
- If you haven't done a 5K before, this is a great opportunity to try it - from the comfort of your own sidewalk, path, or treadmill! Plus, there's the added benefit of having a longer time period to take your run/walk. And don't forget, it's for a great cause!
Clover 5k Registration.
Its not too late to get your own striking Clover 5K shirt! The goodie bags aren't all the same, but the photo is a great example of some of the generous items/coupons that were donated!
Franklin County 4-H Dog Bowl
If you are interested in participating in the Dog Bowl contest (virtually), please email the firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, we are planning for a timeframe around November/December but would like to gauge interest before we decide on the date.
2020 Ohio 4-H Celebration of Youth
Join the Ohio 4-H Foundation for this year’s Celebration of Youth event on Thursday, November 5 at 7:00. This year, for the first time, the virtual event is open to everyone free of charge. Participants will enjoy a program featuring many Ohio 4-H members and an online auction. Funds raised from Celebration of Youth support Ohio 4-H programming and operations to help engage youth across Ohio’s 88 counties. Please visit go.osu.edu/COY for event details, sponsorship information, and registration for the event.
- November 5, 2020 at 7:00
- Virtual and free, but must register on our website
- Online auction and opportunities to donate
- Fun program hearing from National 4-H CEO, our Ohio 4-H members and a few others
4-H Clubs with Horses
If your club has horse project members (not Horseless Horse), you are required to send a club advisor to the 4-H Horse Advisory Committee meetings. These usually take place the first Monday of each month and begin at 7pm. The next meeting is October 5, 2020. This months meeting will be done via Zoom. If you need the link please contact Rachel at email@example.com.
The many shows, clinics, and activities for horse members cannot take place without your club support and help. Please make an effort to participate.
Amazon Smile Donations
Select Franklin County 4-H Council as your charity now by clicking this link:
Kroger Community Rewards
Register here: https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
OSU Extension, Franklin
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.