Falcon Ridge Family Updates
April 4, 2022
News and Tidbits
This week we are excited to honor the wonderful paraprofessionals who make the school run smoothly. If you feel so inclined, please feel free to write a note of thanks on Wednesday, April 6th on Paraprofessional Appreciation Day at Falcon Ridge.
We are also thankful for our active PTO. Please check out the information in the PTO Corner for the upcoming Spring Festival on April 22nd.
Our character trait this month is honesty, which means the quality or state of being truthful and fair. As always, students will have the opportunity to demonstrate honesty at school and may earn a Falcon Card to display on the hall bulletin board. At the end of each month, Falcon Cards are randomly drawn for fabulous prizes. Please check out this newsletter for ideas to have honesty at home.
Have a wonderful week!
Mark your calendars for our Spring Festival! Friday, April 22 from 6-8 PM--Earth Day!
Our school staff and students are working hard, so we need volunteers to make it happen! Please follow this link for our online sign-up sheet: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084eadac2ea1f85-frpcs
There are slots for set-up and clean-up, to bring baked goods and prizes for the games, and to work the various booths. There are two shifts available to work in hopes that folks can take one shift and still have time to enjoy the event with their families. If you can bring baked goods or prizes, please have them there by 5:45 pm. The money raised goes back to our school, so please sign up and make this event amazing!
Would you like to get involved with planning activities, events, and fundraisers? Want to connect with other Falcon Ridge parents? Join the PTO! Contact the PTO at email@example.com for more information.
Third Grade Construction Zone
Practicing the Lottery: Charter Commission Visit
Happy Birthday to Our Wonderful Staff!
We Appreciate Our Amazing Paraprofessionals!
Another Delicious Falcon Ridge Feast!
Weekly Progress Report
Just a reminder that we will continue sending weekly progress reports through the 4th Quarter to make sure you are aware of your student's current grades. Remember that you can always view your student's current grades and missing assignments through the Tyler SIS parent portal. If you have questions regarding grades or assignments, please contact your child's teacher.
Falcon Ridge Charter School
Honesty Resources for Parents
Important Attendance Policy Reminders
The Administration and Governing Board recognize that there are special circumstances when a student may need to participate in another event or activity rather than attend class. An absence will be considered “excused” if a parent/guardian provides a written or verbal notification for the following reasons:
- the student could not attend class because he/she is ill
- a physician’s documentation of illness medical, dental, orthodontic appointments with a verifying note from the medical office
- bereavement for a death in the family
- wedding for a member of the family
- an immediate family member involved in State Tournament competition, 4-H competition, or graduation exercise at the high school, college, and military level.
- extraordinary circumstances (requires a review and approval of FRPCS administrator.)
Family trips or vacations are NOT considered extraordinary and are unexcused. The cumulative effect of regular class attendance is critical to the learning experience that Falcon Ridge Charter School offers, which the student misses even when the absence is excused.
Student absence for any reason not specifically listed in the excused absence section will be considered unexcused. Absences (for any reason) not verified by verbal or written communication from the parent/guardian (within 48 hours of student’s return to school) will be considered unexcused.
Average Daily Attendance
K = 99.33
1st = 96.55
2nd = 96.43
3rd = 99.31
4th = 96.36
5th = 96.88
6th = 95.76
7th = 97.71
8th = 97.19
- April 4th: Lottery begins at 2pm
- April 6th: EA (paraprofessional) appreciation day
- April 6th: STEM Club from 3pm-4:30pm
- April 12th: School Board Meeting at 6:30pm
- April 20th: STEM Club from 3pm-4pm
- May 2nd: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 6th: Lunch Hero day
- May 9th: Open House for new students for the 2022-2023 school year
- May 10th: School Board Meeting at 6:30pm
- May 25th: Kindergarten Graduation 9:30am-10:30am
- May 26th: 8th grade graduation 1pm-2pm
- May 26th: Kindergarten Screening for all new incoming Kindergarten students
- May 27: Last day of school (early release at 1:30pm)
- Early release days every Monday (1st-8th grades dismiss at 1:30 p.m.)
**Check out our website for the most updated information