by: Alexandria Manton
- have a high school diploma or equivalent
- have a bachelor's degree
- have at least a master’s degree in psychology
- complete an internship if you do counseling
- pass a licensing exam if you do counseling
Wages: $65,230 a year
What does a psychologist do?
Annual openings are moderate and a 10 year growth is more slow than average
Have a high level of job-required social interaction. They work closely with clients.
- Always work indoors in hospitals, schools, industries, counseling centers, and other settings.
- Must fully complete and be exact in their work. Errors could seriously endanger the health and well-being of their clients.
- May work full time or part time.
- Listen to others and ask questions
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work
- Understand other’s reactions and understand the possible causes
- Use scientific methods to solve problems
- Combine several pieces of information and draw a conclusion
- Child Development
- Ethnic and Gender Studies