Healthy Recipes for Your Child
By: Chailee Odle
- 1 - 8oz package organic cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup organic salsa
- 1/2 cup freshly grated raw cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (leftover re-fried beans works too)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB taco seasoning (watch the ingredients - I like to use my quick homemade blend. I thought this left the wraps very kid friendly mild - if you like things spicier you may want to use more.)
- 3-4 tortillas
- Put everything but the tortillas in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread some of the mixture onto the entire surface of one of the tortillas, and roll it up tightly. Continue with the rest of the tortillas the same way.
- Cut the rolled up tortillas into 1 inch sections. They are a little easier to cut when they have chilled in the fridge about 20 minutes.
Baked Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound – butternut squash
- 1/8 cup, chopped – onion
- 1 teaspoon – olive oil
- 2 cup – macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 ounce – cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce – Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz – panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, peel and cut your butternut squash.
- Toss the butternut squash and onions with olive oil and place onto a lined cookie sheet, bake for 15-20 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before blending into puree. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix the macaroni with butternut squash puree, most of cheddar cheese and most of parmesan cheese.
- Once fully mixed place into an oven save dish and top with remaining cheeses and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top is melty/browned.