Friday Notes for LMS Staff
September 8, 2017
- Reminder, I have some clips for those students who would prefer no lanyards. They do have to wear them above the waist.
- Students do not have to come get a sticker in the sign in the system if they forget their PRIDE card. They just do not get their privileges.
- Privileges for students with PRIDE cards:
- Cell phones (using red light/ green light)
- snacks in class if allowed
- headphones (with one ear bud out)
- Hat day this Friday
- Students need to wear their PRIDE cards around their necks. I do have some clips for students who would rather have a clip. The clips must be worn on their shirt so we do not have to search for their cards.
- It will probably take a little while for students to remember to bring their cards. Let's help remind them and maybe help them with organizational strategies. For example, some students may need to put their PRIDE card in their locker when they leave for the day and retrieve when they get to school. They do not have to have a PRIDE card on the bus, etc.
- As items come up, write down your questions for us to clarify and discuss.
Monday: LeadershipWednesday: Work it Wednesday- PLC for all departments (Explo optional this week) & Department Meetings in the AM (see your department chair)
Lion Share Classroom Activities
To join PTA, see Linda for the forms. It's only $6 for a teacher membership and includes a shirt.
Update on Safety Drills
September 11 Awareness Activities
Conferences for this year
You need this t-shirt!
GCN Updates and Due Dates
The Global Compliance Network (GCN) server update is complete and you may begin working on your 2017-2018 annual required Professional Development. The following trainings are required for ALL staff, certified and support.
Compliance Training on GCN
- Internet Safety (due by 10/20/17)
- Digital Security and Protection (due by 10/20/17)
You will be able to view your required tutorials at the following link: http://site.gcntraining.com/.
Click on "Login to view training."
- Click on “existing user”
- The Organization ID is "norman" (lower case)
- If you are a new employee for the 17-18 school year, your “Personal ID” will be your 5-digit EID#
The program will list the tutorials you are required to complete.
Your administrator will have access to a report of your tutorial completion. It is not necessary to print your certificate of completion unless you would like it for your personal records.
If you have any issues logging in, please contact Dawn Denton at the PDC.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 366-5856