LIS Update 5/13/2019
HPL Learning Link Resources & Website
Make sure to create a link the to Alief HPL Learning Link website on your campus Library Website. Tracy and I will be checking this starting May 29th.
SERS Items Checked Out
These items will have either SERS or 99 at the beginning of the barcode.
The items with SERS barcodes will be returned to the SERS Department at the ASF and do not impact student or staff end of year checkout forms.
Digital Learning Items Checked Out
These items will have a 99 at the beginning of the barcode.
Stacey Keener will be working with the staff members who have these items. The goal is to have the items picked up by May 21st.
MakerSpace Prize UPDATE!
All campuses who complete all monthly reports (September-May) by May 29th will be entered in the Monthly Report/MakerSpace drawing.
Destiny Need to Know: 3 Things
- Alicia created a tip sheet for batch deleting of Texas Treasures items. Here it is.
- Varsha (Petrosky aide) figured out a way to view your entire library catalog in Destiny. Here are the directions.
- There are several items each librarian needs to complete in Destiny before leaving for the summer. Please see the End of the Year Destiny Best Practices Guide for this list of items.
End of the Year Tasks
- Bring your Monthly Reports up-to-date
- Complete your Inventory
- Upload your collection to Titlewave
- Fill out the 2019 Snapshot
- Fill out the 2019 Library Highlights
- Fill out your 2019 State of the Library
- Fill out your 2019 Inventory
- Fill out your 2019 Self Evaluation
Directions and links for all of these tasks are on the 2019 End of the Year Checklist.
Professional Development 5/18/19
Both sessions count for Alief ISD Professional Development credit for the 2019-2020 PD year.