Guatemala Mission Trip 2015
Serving Cadaniños Orphanage in Guatemala City in June 2015
What are we doing?
I will be traveling with a group of women to work for Cadaniños, an orphanage for children with special needs. They have one physical therapist and five “nannies” on staff that are overworked and need support for training, updating programs, repairing equipment, and encouragement. While I am excited to use the gifts the Lord has given me to serve the physical needs of these children and help the staff, our main mission is to show Christ’s love to a group of kids who are not respected in their culture because of their impairments, and to the people who care for them.
Why are we doing this?
How Can I Help?
- Prayer for the hearts of the staff at Cadaniños. Pray that the Holy Spirit within us would encourage them. Pray that those who are not believers in Jesus Christ would accept him into their hearts.
- Pray that we would listen more than speak.
- Pray for patience with the children as they have many behavior issues due to their inability to communicate.
- Pray for our safety in travel and during our stay.
- Pray for our health before, during and after the trip.
- Pray for our leader, Kelley, who is working hard to organize the trip.
- We are all teachers and we are leaving as soon as the school year is over, please pray for a smooth transition as there are a lot of things SPED teachers need to do to close out the year.
You can also help by blessing our team FINANCIALLY, but that is completely up to you.
Where does my financial contribution go?
If you feel you can bless us financially, you may contact me for my address and mail me your contribution or you can give to my gofundme account below. If you would like to find another way to give, please feel free to email or call me.