RTI - Flower Mound HS
January 4, 2016
Integrates assessment and intervention within a multi‐level prevention system to maximize student achievement and reduce behavior problems.
Use data to identify students at risk for poor learning outcomes, monitor student progress, provide evidence‐based interventions and adjust the intensity and nature of those interventions depending on a student’s responsiveness, and identify students with learning disabilities or other disabilities.
The four essential components of an RTI framework are
multi-level or multi-tier prevention system
data-based decision making.
Do You Have a Student Who Needs to be Referred?
- Look over the RTI Checklist to see if your student exhibits signs of needing to be referred
- If you feel a student needs to be referred, fill out the following Google Form. Please be as detailed as possible.
- An email will automatically go to Mrs. Wood and Mr. Brown notifying them that a referral has been made.
RTI Strategies Page
- Please make sure you look over this page to understand what exactly your student needs
- Place this page in your Special Programs Binder
- Refer to this page when giving teacher input (discussed below)
If you have a student who has been referred to RTI, you will receive an email every 3 weeks to give input on that students IF:
- the student has been referred for emotional/behavioral reasons
- the student has academic needs and is making below a 75 in your class
- If you receive an email for teacher input, you MUST fill this out within 48 hours!
- This information is used to assess whether the interventions for that student are working.
- If Interventions are not working, we will need to add interventions and a new interventions page will be distributed to applicable teachers.
- If you have contacted parents regarding progress, please keep documentation of that discussion for data purposes.
What happens next?
- If strategies are not working, we might need to tweak or add strategies.
- If any strategies change, all applicable teachers will receive a new RTI strategies page for that student.
- If after adding more strategies, the student might need to move to Tier 2/Tier 3 Strategies
- If after trying all that we can, student might be referred to Special Education.