News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - March 26, 2021
PTO News and Updates
Spirit Wear: The online Spirit Store will be open until April 13, 2021 - Click here
Yearbook: Please click here to order a yearbook now through April 9, 2021. Our school code is 960539, additional directions include below.
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
This note is to provide an update to families about PSSA testing and scheduling in our school this year. As noted in district communication earlier this month, both the U.S. Department of Education and the Pennsylvania Department of Education are requiring all school district to administer PSSA testing for the 2020-2021 school year. The testing window has been extended so that districts can maintain compliance with their Health and Safety Plans.
Our Warwick Testing Dates:
English Language Arts: 3rd - 6th Grade ~ May 19th, May 20th, and Math 21st PM Session
Mathematics: 3rd - 6th Grade ~ May 24th ~ AM/PM Session
Science: 4th Grade ~ May 28th ~ Two sessions
Testing of Virtual Academy Students:
Testing is only available in-person and on-site, and each virtual student will be scheduled to take the test in his/her/their homeschool. We remain committed to adhering to the guidelines in our district’s Health and Safety Plan. All students, including virtual students, have been assigned a bus route. Your children may take their bus to and from school on testing days. If you prefer to drive your student to and from school for testing, and wish to pick them up in the middle of the day when they are finished, please let us know.
Parent Right to Opt-Out
Chapter 4 of Title 22 of the Pa. Code (22 Pa. Code 4.4) provides the right of parents/guardians to excuse their child from the state assessment if, upon inspection of the testing materials, they find the assessment to be in conflict with their religious beliefs. Please visit the CBSD Assessment Website for information about how to request to exclude a child from state testing. Parents requesting to opt-out their child from testing must submit a request by April 5, 2021.
Additional information will come out in the coming weeks, for now please mark your calendars for the above testing dates for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.
Pleas reach out directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any PSSA questions.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Picture Retake Day
WARWICK LIBRARY CARD DRIVE
We are excited to partner with the Bucks County Free Library to help families register for a Library Card! Warwick Elementary’ s Virtual Library Card Drive will run from March 15th – 28th.
The branches are open for in-person book selection or curb-side pickup. The Library digital resources like eBooks are available anytime, anywhere, and are completely free with your library card!
To register for a library card:
- Click on this link anytime from March 15th to 28th and go to the online library card application: https://buckslib.org/school-outreach-library-card-application/ Enter the password: $choolyear2020
- Complete the application with your child’s information. If you have more than one child, complete a separate one for each child.
- After the drive has ended, your child will receive their physical library card at school. Mrs. Kehan will deliver them to their classroom. If you are virtual, we can make arrangements for you to pick it up with the next materials pick-up. If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Kehan at email@example.com
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 10 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.