Scorpion Country News
June 1-5, 2020
A Message from Mrs. Elliott
Parents, we have officially come to the end of the school year. We thank you for your hard work, support, flexibility and dedication during the year and as we transitioned to remote learning. I am proud of all of you, our wonderful, hard working teachers and of course our amazing Scorpion Scholars that rose to the expectations and finished Scorpion Strong, overcoming any obstacle that came their way! Scorpion Country has shown to have no limits when working as a team. It has been an honor and a privilege to finish the school year with all of you! #OneTeamOneGoalNoLimits!!
We will be resuming learning through fun and interactive Summer Extended Learning Camps June 8-11 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., and June 15-18 only 3 hours each day! WIN Extended Learning Camps is June 1-5th from 8 a.m. -3 p.m. then June 8-11 from 9-12 p.m. This is an invitation for all our scholars currently in 1st-8th grades. Please let your child's teacher know your scholar will be in attendance.A special invitation will be sent via TEAMS for a meet and greet for Friday, June 5th at 9am.
Enjoy some much deserved time off this summer; you did it! Go Scorpions!
Gabriela Elliott, Proud Scorpion Principal
#FreedomFriday rule: If it’s challenging, you need it. If you’re afraid to go there, therein lies your freedom. Challenges in life help you to grow and expand your experiences. When you no longer grow or explore, you start to feel stagnant. It doesn’t have to be that way.
What is something that you’ve always wanted to do, but were afraid to start? Is it taking a course? Reaching out to a potential mentor? Starting a project? Shifting your work towards a new direction? When you let go of the fears and self-doubt, be prepared to find the treasures that are awaiting you!
- We almost have everyone registered. We have 94.06% registered as of the start of this week. Please take time to go on line and register your scholar for the 20-21 school year. To get started just click on the image.
- The Department of Technology Services will be using data gathered from completed registrations to distribute mobile internet hot-spots to SISD scholars who lack internet at home. Families will be contacted by the district call-out system of where and when to pick up their hot-spot. So please take time to complete your registration today.
- Need assistance? Please contact: Cynthia Mercado-Asst. Principalemail@example.com, April Doornward-Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org, Robert Torres-CIS Coordinatoremail@example.com
- In addition you may email District technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your scholar id, and name of school along with your name and state the issue you are having so they may assist quickly and accurately.
- Our goal is to have 100% registered, please help us meet our goal this week.
Summer Extended Learning Camps
Learning Camp Dates and Times are as follows:
- June 8-11 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.,
- June 15-19 only 3 hours each day!
- WIN Extended Learning Camps is June 1st to the 5th from 8 a.m. -3 p.m. then June 8-11 from 9-12 p.m
WE Are Here For You
Mrs. Gabriela Elliott: Principal
Mrs. Cynthia Mercado
Ms. Susana Gonzalez
Mr. Robert Torres
Mrs. Sylvia Ruiz