AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of May 9 - May 13
It's the final countdown!! 13 days left until summer!
"The best teachers are those that tell you where to look, but don't tell you what to see."
-Alexandra K. Trenfor
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Checklists were placed in mailboxes and deadlines are approaching. Please be sure to follow the timelines and get signatures as needed.
Final SSTs/Retention conferences will be held May 10th.
Final progress monitoring data should be given to Stacy or placed in the student's green SST folder.
Results and Conclusion directions are posted on eClass and were sent from Heidi via email. We will meet with grade levels on 5/19 to sign-off. Please make sure that you meet with your administrator PRIOR to that meeting if you have questions.
Character Ed Students: We WILL have captains for the next 2 weeks
May trait = RAM PRIDE
- Reference the trait of the month and how your student representative exemplifies that trait when emailing your grade level AP.
- Please remember to send these names. We would hate for a class to miss this opportunity for recognition!!
- For our weekly student recognition, the earlier the better when submitting names to your grade level AP.
- Also, if you would like to personally write the postcard for your student please let Stacy and I know. We will need it back by Friday morning.
Pharr Superstars of The Month
- Begin 5/16
- Schedule is posted on eClass and was sent via email from Heidi.
- Post tests begin 5/9
- Please see the alternate schedule for Specials next week to accommodate 4th grade Music, PE, and Art SPGs (posted on eClass and sent via email)
5 Tips for Effective Data Teams
- Laugh and cheer!
- Go beyond test scores
- Data trumps opinion
- Focus on next steps
- Create time for reflection
Please try to give out at least 5 stamps per day to students in your class as well as others.
Please revisit the RAMS statement often and use this verbiage when complimenting students. For example:
"Thank you so much for accepting responsibility for your actions by standing in line quietly."