STOP...THINK ABOUT IT
Teacher aid on using creativity to build critical thinking
The Big Five on Creativity
- Stimulate al parts of the brain.
- Guide students through the thinking process.
- Group students according to their learning styles.
- Allow students to create questions for a quiz or test.
- Positive reinforcement...even for incorrect answers.
Borrowed Idea: Create a classroom that is safe for students to vocalize their ideas.
The Big Five on Critical Thinking
- Repeat for duplicate results. Helps students to build trust and self-confidence in their work.
- Relate real world experiences to the topic.
- Build on prior knowledge through word association and KW charts.
- Debate...debate...debate. Let students debate in groups and make sure they support their rationale with evidence.
- Reflect on the learning in a journal.
Borrowed Idea: Give group assignments requiring them to solve a problem.