Finding a new habitat for this endangered species
Facts of the Sumatran Orangutan
1. Its name is th Sumatran Orangutan
2. Its scientific name is Pongo abelii
1. The Sumatran Orangutan currently lives in Sumatra, Indonesia.
2. The coordinates of Sumatra are latitude=0 and longitude=102 E
3. The average temperature in Sumatra is 77 F
This is sumatra, the Orangutans's original habitat
This is what the new habitat should look like
The average temperature is also about 76 F.
This is the Amorphaphallus Titanium plant
This is the Aglaonema plant
This is the Proboscis Monkey
This animal lives in Sumatra with the Orangutan
This is the Silvery Gibbon
This animal also lives in Sumatra.
This stream would be the water source for the Orangutan's habitat
Two physical adaptations of the Sumatran Orangutan are:
1. Orangutans have 7 foot long arms to hang from trees. This benefits them because they can swig along trees hast, helping them get from place to place.
2. Orangutans have opposable thumbs so they can grab branches. this benefits them because they can grip trees so they can swing around.
Two behavioral adaptations are:
1. Orangutans mainly live under the trees this benefits them because swinging from tree branches are their method of travel.
2. Orangutan males usually fight each other for females. This benefits them because if they win the fight, they can reproduce and keep the population going.