By: Lindsey Addair
Questions and answers about hydropower electricity
1. Where does your energy source come from?
Hydropower's energy comes from moving water
2. What equipment is needed to collect your energy source?
A dam, a control gate, a turbine, a powerhouse, a generator, and a transformer
(Not the robot Transformers from the movies)
3. How does your energy source impact the environment?
They can disrupt river ecosystems
4. What are three positive things about using your energy source?
1- One of the least expensive energy sources
2- Renewable and abundant
3- River control can prevent flooding
5. What are three negative things about using your energy source?
1- There would need to be a lot of water supply to keep it running
2- They can disrupt river ecosystems
3- Dams could collapse and cause flooding
Why would Latvia be a great place for hydropower electricity?
The Gulf of Riga looks like it dips right into Latvia so I think that would be the perfect place to use hydropower electricity.
You wouldn’t have to worry about running out of energy for a long, long time.
Although its climate can be dry and warm, you have 2 water sources.
The winters are known to have a lot of snowfall which could be melted for water.
Or when it starts to get warmer all of the snow will melt giving Latvia more water to use.
That is why Latvia would be a perfect place to use hydropower electricity as its energy source.