Friday, January 8, 2016
Ask your child...
- to tell you what estimate means
- to tell you if they like black eyed peas.
- to tell you why some people eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day.
- to practice adding with sums to 10.
- to tell you about their nonfiction book club.
- to tell you some nonfiction text features.
- to tell you about their pattern book in writer's workshop.
- to tell you a penguin fact.
Many of the students have filled their journal (spiral notebook) Please ask your child if theirs is full and if so, you may want to purchase them a new one. Thank you for your help with this.
Thank you for sending the cereal boxes to school. We will begin working on them on Monday.
Dates to Remember:
- January 12: PTA Meeting 6PM
- January 14: Early Release
- January 18: No School Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 22: Mercury Gym 6:30-8:00PM
- February 11: Early Release
- February 15: No School President's Day
- March 10: Early Release
- March 18: No School Teacher Work Day
- March 21-25: No School; Spring Break
- April 14: Early Release
Specials Schedule: January 11-15
A Day -Art, B and D Day-Music and PE, C Day-Library
- Monday: C
- Tuesday: D
- Wednesday: A
- Thursday: B; Early Release
- Friday: C