Merryhill School News
Allergies / Health Updates
Also, for parents in the Infant room, please ensure that you always are wearing the shoe covers when entering the classroom and that no child over 18 months old enters the classroom. This is for the health and well-being of all of the children in the classroom.
Sign in and out
Also, please remember that once you use your code, you will need to tap your student's name on the screen for it to sign them in or out. The button actually says "check in" or "check out." This step is necessary to complete the sign in/out process. Thank you.
Parking Lot Safety
- Keep your speed limited to 10 mph.
- Please ensure that you are always yielding to other cars as you exit the front drive of the preschool.
- Please park in a designated parking space. Please do not leave your car in the middle of the driveway, all or part of the car sticking out into the driveway, or block our bus parking spaces.
We are excited about the amazing academic growth that we are already seeing in our Pre-Kindergarten students and look forward to them all continuing in our Kindergarten program for the 2018-2019 school year.
I hope that all students register for our Kindergarten Club; it is a wonderful opportunity to understand what Merryhill Kindergarten will look like! As a reminder, the Club is for the students; parents are not expected to attend.
Giving Without Walls Service Projects
Today is the final day to order the identification dog tags to support Battleship Texas, which is supported by our 4th Grade students.
Our 1st Grade students have just begun a campaign to collect pop tabs from soda cans, which will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House. We will be having class competitions, some wonderful math lessons, and give to a great cause! We will be continuing this drive through the end of March, so please save the tabs from your cans.
Lastly, our 5th and 6th grade students will be launching our annual Child Protective Service (CPS) Angel Tree drive. We have partnered with this wonderful program for over twenty-five years and love knowing that we are able to provide a nice holiday for children that are suffering from abuse and/or neglect and may otherwise receive nothing. For many years, we have been able to provide for holiday gifts for over 125 children every year for many years!
These gifts will be due by Monday, December 4th and should be brought in a gift bag. Please do not wrap the gift(s), as the caseworkers need to be able to see inside the packages. Please attach the tag to the gift itself.
We will have the tags on our Christmas tree once it is up next week; however, they will be available in both buildings beginning this afternoon in a basket for you to choose a child or two if you want to get a head start on your shopping.
We will have a sign up sheet on every classroom door beginning today for the Thanksgiving Break. Please sign up on your class' door if your child will be attending any or all days during that break. Please complete these no later than Wednesday, November 15th.
Please be reminded that tuition is still the same price during those weeks. Preschool students only have the option to request one vacation week per year with the following criteria:
- Must be requested in writing at least two week's in advance
- Student must have been enrolled for six consecutive months
Elementary tuition (which also includes bus riders) remains the same as all other school weeks.
Mark Your Calendar!!
- 12/8 Kindergarten and 1st Grade Holiday Program
- 12/8 Polar Express Family Night Event
- 12/15 2nd through 6th Grade Holiday Program
- 12/15 Parent's Night Out
- 12/21 Holiday Parties and Book Exchange
Parenting Resources - Giving Thanks
As we enter Thanksgiving next week and the upcoming holiday season, it is a great opportunity for us to guide our children to give back to others, whether that is gifts, time, or nice gestures. This article might be helpful to you in this process.
- November 17: Launch CPS Angel Tree
- November 20-24: Thanksgiving Break - no instructional classes (school open 11/20-11/22)
- November 23-24: School closed for the Thanksgiving holiday
- November 30: Positive Proof Identification Program
- December 4: CPS Angel Tree gifts due
- December 5: Cookie decorating activity
- December 6: 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students deliver gifts to CPS offices
- December 6: Build-a-buddy
- December 7: Kindergarten Club
- December 8: Kindergarten and First Grade holiday program 3:00 p.m.
- December 8: Polar Express Family Night 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- December 11-15: Snow Time Shop
- December 12: Third Grade enrichment trip to Bass Hall to see "The Nutcracker"
- December 15: 2nd - 6th Grade holiday program 3:00 p.m.
- December 15: Parent's Night Out 6:45-10:00 p.m.
- December 18: School Spelling Bee 9:00 a.m.
- December 19: Lunch Bunch
- December 21: Holiday Parties / Book Exchange
- December 22: Spirit Day
- December 22: Early dismissal 11:00 a.m.
- December 25: School closed
- December 26-29: Winter Break
- January 1: School closed
- January 2-5: Winter Break
- January 8: Winter Break
- January 9: Classes resume