A WORD TO THE WISE...
*FACULTY MEETING MONDAY - We will have quests at our Monday faculty meeting. They will do the first half of "Questioning" training. Please come ready to learn! The link to the faculty meeting agenda is in the email.
*O.K. - SOURCE committee is launching an "We will be O.K." campaign for the next 2 weeks to get us to Spring Break. They will give specific information at the Faculty Meeting. We are excited about this campaign as we are looking forward to seeing improved positive behaviors as a result.
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year.
*CHOCOLATE SALES - PTO has put an envelope in your mailbox for you to collect money. If you could please take a minute each morning, collect envelopes and just put them in the large one. They will drop by daily at 9:30 and 1:30 to collect the large envelope. If you could please leave it close to your door, that way they won't have to interrupt to ask about it. Please leave it near your door whether you money or not. That way they will just grab and go and place it back in your mailbox at the end of the day.
* Mimeo training - If you are interested in having one of the Mimeo's that we have on campus, remember that Lisa McGarrah will be here on Wednesday for that training. You MUST attend this training and then allow her in the classroom to observe you teaching with the mimeo in order to get one. I believe we have 13 or so but would be willing to get more IF they will well cared for and used frequently!
* FIRST GRADE PROGRAM - is Friday. We are excited to see these first graders perform. PK, K, 3 and 4 will attend at 9:00 a.m. 2nd and parents will attend at 2:00 p.m.
* BEHAVIOR - We are all noticing that unacceptable behaviors are on the rise. Please take a few moments daily to remind students of expectations. Remember, we've talked before that losing a few minutes of instruction to reinforce expectations causes us to have extra time on the end because we are not constantly dealing with behavior issues. If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact the front office and ask for someone to come. If Kara and I are both tied up, someone will come and we will handle the situation as soon as we are free. Statistics show that complimenting students on their good behavior reduces the amount of misbehaviors overall..
*BOARD FIELD TRIP - The school board, accompanied by Dr. Null, will be here on Wednesday, February 27. Jeans are fine, but please make sure you have an NICE ORE or the TEXAS Strong shirt on that day. Dr. Null is a person who is interested in the "small" things. Make sure your bulletin board looks good and is current, make sure your room looks good and learning being displayed, push backpack carts up against the wall to keep them out of the center of the aisle once loaded, if you see trash on the floor, pick it up. He likes that we take pride in our school!
* BIGGEST LOSER GROUP - Don't forget to weigh in on Monday!
* TELPAS - LAST TWO writing samples!!! Sample #4 is science and #5 is past tense writing. Kara emailed a schedule for online testing which will begin on Monday. The library will be closed Tuesday at 1:20, Thursday at 1:20, and Friday at 8:15 for testing.
*TUTORIALS - If you are not participating but are willing to sub for those teachers who are, please let Rachel Miller know.
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Dusti and Michelle Anthony - for the beautiful tooth fairy for the "Tooth Wall of Fame." - Audra
Dena Green - sending thank you note to those who helped out last week from other campuses! - Tami
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
25 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
27 - Board Field trip to ORE
27 - Lisa McGarrah training for Mimeo
28 - Bilingual coach visit/Felix Rodriguez's birthday
1 - First grade program
4 - Team Leader
5 - Ambassador Awards delivered
6 - Rachael Fuller and Kelsey Bartlett's birthday
6 - Kindergarten field trip to 7 Acre Woods
7 - Big Art Day
8- Poster Method/Early Release/End of 3rd Nine weeks
10 - Diana White's birthday
11 - 15 - SPRING BREAK
14 - Carli Metcalf's birthday
16 - Jackie Rew's birthday
18 - CORE team meeting
19 - Spring Creek BBQ Night
20 - First grade planning day
20 - Tami out to Principals' meeting
20 - SOURCE meeting after school
21 - Second grade planning day
22 - Spring Fling Pictures
25 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Kinder planning day
26 - Third and fourth benchmark/schedule flipped
27 - Fourth grade planning day
28 - Third grade planning day
29 - Award Cart delivery day