September 22, 2014
From the Principal's Desk
It is important to pack your child a nutritious snack for during the day, should his/her lunch period be early or late.
Grade 1 - 10:50 – 11:15
Grade 2 - 11:20 – 11:45
Grade 3 - 11:50 – 12:15
Grade 4 - 12:20 – 12:45
Grade 5 - 12:50 – 1:15
Grade 6 - 1:20 – 1:45
Our cafeteria offers various entrees. Parents may prepay for students’ lunches, much like an E-Z Pass system, or students may bring cash. Prices for a student lunch is $2.55 this year (reduced $0.40).
Note: In emergency situations, the cafeteria staff will allow your child to charge lunch. The charge is to be paid back the following day. If you bring your child’s forgotten lunch to school, it will be placed in the cafeteria for your child to pick up during his/her lunch period. Please be sure to label the lunch with your child’s name and class.
There are three methods of payment should you want your child to purchase lunch.
· You may send in cash on a daily basis.
· You can send a check made out to the Central Bucks School District to school with your child to be deposited into your child’s lunch account. Whenever your child decides to purchase lunch in the Cafeteria, his/her account will be debited.
· You may register online for Café Prepay where you place money on your child’s account using your credit card. Your child’s account is debited as he/she purchases lunch. There is a $2.50 fee each time you place money in each account for this service.
Snacks are not included in the traditional lunch. Students buying snacks will have the cost debited from their account. If you would prefer that your child not purchase snacks, request this through a note to the cafeteria manager. In order for you to oversee what your child is purchasing, follow these procedures:
- Go to cbsd.org
- · Click on Cafeteria Menus (bottom right hand side)
- · Click on Café Prepay.com
- · Go to New Users to set up an account (there is no cost involved in setting up an account)
- · View your Participation Report
Cafeteria Rules for 1st Graders
Every year it takes great patience to get our little ones acclimated to the cafeteria routine. This year we will have our first graders share the cafeteria with their third grade role models. Please review these cafeteria procedures with your child at home.
First Graders are given twenty-five minutes to eat lunch before being able to go out to recess. Any child who hasn’t finished lunch may continue to eat in the cafeteria. Children will go through the lunch line in a quiet, orderly manner. Words like please and thank you are encouraged.
1. Children may talk to immediate neighbors, but not from table to table.
2. Children are to stay seated until excused. Children are to raise their hands if they need something or would like to use the rest rooms.
3. All food must be eaten, discarded or packed to take home before leaving the lunchroom.
4. Children will not play with or throw food.
5. Children will line up by tables, empty trash, take care of trays and follow the directions given by the adult.
6. Children will exit the cafeteria into the hall in a quiet, orderly manner.
7. No talking or noise making is permitted when an adult uses the microphone.
In order to get your children into the lunchroom routines and time schedule, we are going to refrain from serving snack for the month of September. In the past, too many children were leaving their lunches uneaten in order to buy snack. This is not a punishment. It is our hope that by the end of September the children will be able to balance eating, socializing and snacking. Please continue to provide a healthy snack for the classroom.
One final suggestion: Please put your child’s name and class on his/her lunchbox, coat, hats, and mittens. This will lessen the contributions to the Lost and Found.
Thank you for your cooperation in making our lunchroom a safe and pleasant place to be.
Bridge Clean Up
Sixth Grade Ambassador, Owen Meo, toured a new student over the Doyle bridge and realized that the vandalism was getting out of hand. No problem. He went right to Mr. Schmidt, chairman of the Doyle Dads, and set a date for students and dads to help clean it up. Thank you to Owen and Maren Meo, Griffin and Riley Smith, Ben Morris, Drew Weisman, Paul Harding, Keagan Kratzke, Ryan Lupoli, Cooper Guerin, Paige Gilbert, Teagan Logue, Robert Ricciardi, Kiernan and Lochlin Schmidt!
News From The Nest
Good Bye Mr. Cliff!
Introducing Cooper Benjamin Cochran
Congratulations to Mrs. Cochran and Family!
Cooper Benjamin Cochran was born on Wednesday September 17th at 12:11pm, 7lbs15oz, 21 inches.
Please join is for a community film screening of Girl Rising. Thanks to a generous grant from Central Bucks Cares, Butler Elementary and Mill Creek Elementary are partnering with Global Hope Alliance to bring you this inspiring documentary. You will see the moving and powerful stories of nine girls from around the world struggling for their right to an education. Please join us for Girl Rising on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM at Central Bucks South HS. Doors will open at 6:30 PM and the film will begin at 7:00 PM. For more information, please click here: GIRL RISING FILM SCREENING
From the Nurse
From Home and School
GREAT NEWS...We are selling the valuable, family-friendly 2014-2015 KidStuff Coupon Books! PURCHASE A BOOK & START SAVING!
$25 per book
If you’d like to purchase a book, send payment into the School Office or contact email@example.com
Fundraiser: BonTon Community Day Booklets
Dear Doyle Family and Friends,
Purchase a Community Days booklet and show your support for the
DOYLE HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION.
Booklets are loaded with fantastic offers that will be available at the Doylestown Bon-Ton store during the Community Days event on November 14th & 15th.
Friday & Saturday
November 14 &15
Each booklet includes a $10 off coupon that can be used on an item priced at $10 or more, a value worth double the $5 price of the booklet!
And there is a tiered 25% / 20% / 10% off shopping pass! Plus coupons can be used on top of over 100 Bonus Buys!
For every booklet we sell, we keep the entire $5 purchase price!
Thanks for your support and happy shopping!
CB Cares - Boomerang Awards
October 2 & 3 - 6th Grade Clean Stream (Peace Valley)
October 2 - Walking Trip to the Library - Mrs. Wong's class
October 3 - Second Grade Walking Trip through Doylestown
October 8 - Walk To School Day
October 9 - Walking Trip to the Library - Mrs. Sheehan's class
October 13 - 17 - Celebrate Education Week
October 15 & 16 - Booktender's Book Fair
October 18 - Fall Festival
October 23 - Walking Trip to the Library - Mrs. Popma's class
October 28 - Picture Day
October 31 - Halloween Parade (2:30 PM)