The Warwick Weekly
Respect - Responsibility - Cooperation - Excellence
Thursday, January 6, 2016
Coming Home Today . . . . . . . . .
January Lunch Menus
Family Night Out, Jamison Pour House
Bucks County Ice Sports Center Flyer
Cooperation in Action!
Mission to Mars at the Young Innovator Fair this past weekend!
Don’t Donate It… Yet!
Do you have items in your home you would be willing to donate? Please save them for Warwick Elementary’s Benefit Garage Sale!
All items should be in good condition and in working order
- Sports equipment
- Household items
- Small furniture
This spring, Warwick will be holding a Garage Sale in the gym. All proceeds will go towards the American Brain Tumor Association and a project at Warwick Elementary, both in honor of Phil Colombo. Phil was a custodian at Warwick who passed away last year.
This will be a wonderful opportunity to involve Warwick staff, students, and their families to donate their resources and time towards a worthy cause.
If you have any questions about accepted items, or if you are interested in helping with the Garage Sale, please contact Laura Fornwald at email@example.com.
We will be sharing more information in the coming months. Thank you in advance for your generosity! Please do not send any items in, yet. This is just notification that this project will be coming this spring. Thank you!!
Just Run is Returning!
Reminder: Volunteer Paperwork is Required
All Central Bucks School District Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students and programs of our schools in the Central Bucks School District. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CBSD!
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children obtain background checks and clearances. While the law allows until July 1, 2016 to obtain these documents, Central Bucks School District is asking volunteers to comply with submitting their clearances prior to volunteering during the 2015-2016 school year, as this is in the best interest of the safety and security of our students. Required clearances along with links to the state’s websites are listed below.
Under Pennsylvania law, any person having direct contact with school children is considered a mandatory reporter and is required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse. As a CBSD volunteer, you are a mandatory reporter and must complete SafeSchools training. See below for additional information.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION / WEBSITE LINKS / FAQs
Required Clearances/Paperwork – links to the state’s websites are below. Please see the helpful hints next to each link.
1. PA State Police Criminal Background Check - Click the control number to view your results. Click the "Certification Form" link in the center of the page to view, save and print your official certificate.
2. PA Child Abuse History Certification - Click "Create Individual Account". The Keystone Key is a user name you create. Follow the site's step-by-step instructions for creating a password. Be sure to keep a record of your Keystone Key and Password as you will need them to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, within 14 days of submission.
3. FBI Fingerprinting (2 Options) - If you have been a Pennsylvania resident less than 10 consecutive years, you must complete the fingerprinting process. Register online on the Cogent site; complete the registration form choosing "School Districts" as the Reason Code. You must register through the Cogent PA Dept of Education site, not the PA Dept of Human Services or PA Dept of Public Welfare.Or, if you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 consecutive years, you may submit the Volunteer Affidavit in place of fingerprinting. The affidavit must be notarized (notary services are available at the Administrative Services Center) and the original affidavit must be on file in the HR Office.
4. Volunteer Agreement - Please be sure to include the names of the schools/buildings where you will be volunteering.- See more at: http://www.cbsd.org/volunteers#sthash.KmzWSumF.dpuf
Back for its 3rd year!!
Boomerang Award Assets 2015-2016
Chess Club Opportunity!
Spanish Classes Coming to Warwick
Follow us on Twitter @
Some tweets from @WarwickPPPRIDE
Looking Ahead . . . . . . . . . .
- 3rd Grade Trip to Franklin Institute
- Chess Club, 8:00, Room 16
- PTO Executive Board Meeting, 10:00am
- Aladdin Rehearsal, 8:00am Jasmine, Guards, Narrators, Jafar, Iago
- Aladdin Rehearsal, Jafar, Iago, Narrators
- School Holiday
- Aladdin Full Cast Rehearsal, 4:00-5:30
- Chess Club, 8:00am
- Young Engineer's Night, CB East Lobby, 6:00-8:00
- Aladdin Full Cast Rehearsal, 4:00-5:30
- Author Visit, Gr. 3 & 4, pm
- January Boomerang Nominees Due Today, Asset #9, Service to Others
- Aladdin Rehearsal, Guards, Aladdin, Genie, Narrators, 8:00am
- Family Night Out, Jamison Pour House, Lunch/Dinner
- Bucks Sports Ice Skating, Warminster, 3:30-5:00
- Just Run Parent Volunteer Meeting, 3:00, conference room
Visit us on the web
Warwick Elementary School
1340 Almshouse Road
Jamison, PA 18929