Types of Tuberculosis
- Bacteria: Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Latent TB infection (able to fight TB off)
- TB disease (not able to fight TB off)
- Chest pain
- Coughing blood
- Loss of appetite
- Ancient Times
- Different Names
- Peaked in 18th century
- Lack of medical knowledge
Many famous people suffered from TB
- Advantage in hostile environments
Medications and Prevention
- TB Latent Infection (Prevention)
- TB Disease (Medication)
Increased Risk for TB
Possible situation that can cause an increased risk of TB:
- Illegal drugs
- Elderly people
- Not treated for TB in past
- Piddington, Debra, Ali Kashkouli, and Nancy Buchmeier. "Growth of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis in a Defined Medium Is Very Restricted by Acid PH and Mg2 Levels." Infection and Immunity. American Society for Microbiology. Web. 11 Dec. 2015.
- "Basic TB Facts." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 13 Mar. 2012. Web. 11 Dec. 2015.
- "Tuberculosis - Google Search." Tuberculosis - Google Search. Web. 11 Dec. 2015.