Miss Lindsay's May Newsletter
It's been a great year!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: May 2-3
CLASS PICTURES: May 10-11
Dress up cute! These pictures can be purchased on our “End of the Year Goodies” sheet in your packet.
NO SCHOOL: May 30 (Memorial Day)
FUN CAP/GOWN PHOTO BOOTH
On the last week of school, dress up your child in our cap & gown for some fun pics!
PAJAMA PARTIES: June 1-2
Please celebrate our last days of school with a fun pajama party at Sunshine! If we haven't celebrated your child's birthday this year, feel free to bring treats.
END OF THE YEAR GIFTS
- Date: Saturday, June 4
- Place: Kuna Performing Arts Center
- PRACTICE Time: 10 a.m. drop off, 11:30 a.m. pickup
- GRADUATION: 6:30 p.m. drop off (no early birds please); graduation will be held from 7-8 p.m.
- Every family should attend. Please invite your family. (It's free.)
Each class will be wearing a different color for graduation. Please let your child wear an outfit or t-shirt with the class's dominant color. Look below for your child's class color. (Kindergartners can wear any color, because they'll be wearing our gold caps and gowns.)
- Miss Lindsay (MWF AM) - Orange
- Miss Lindsay (MWF PM) - Green
- Miss Karen (T_TH AM) - Purple
- Miss Karen (T_TH PM) - Beige
- Miss Diana (MWF AM) - Navy
- Miss Diana (MWF PM) - White
- Miss Lindsay (T_TH AM) - Black
- Miss Lindsay (T_TH PM) - Red
- Miss Hilary (MWF PM) - Teal
- Miss Hilary (T_TH PM) - Yellow
It's May! I always get excited, knowing it is the end of another accomplished great school year with amazing families and students; but I also get somewhat sad, knowing that the school year has gone by very fast and that I am not ready to be done teaching your children yet!
A lot of hard work and great friendships have been made this year, you should be very proud of all the great successes and gains your children have made this school year. I know that I am very proud to be their teacher!
Here are just some of their gains:
- They all can write part or their full first name, some are working on last names and other basic words!
- The fine motor skills have increased and are getting stronger daily!
- They can count into the teens or higher!
- Friendship skills and other self help skills are very strong skills now!
- Their creativity and imagination skills have increased greatly!
- They have a larger passion for books and that are identifying that print has meaning!
- Their cognitive skills, passion for discovery and exploration, and interest for learning has greatly increased the most!
We are very busy this month with lots of the end of the school year activities and some of these activities are:
- Wrapping up our themed art and other projects.
- Finishing our portfolios (pick them up at our graduation).
- Practicing our adorable songs for graduation.
- Completing our last assessments.
- Class Pictures!
- Having fun and enjoying the last few days together!
Spring weather. We discovered rain and wind with cooler days. The kids have enjoyed spending longer outside time with the warmer weather, and they also enjoyed the breezy weather with flying their own kites made in class. We learned about flower and food gardens, grocery stores, and about fire fighters and ocean life! We had a great time on our field trips! Enjoy all the photos!!!