Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
May 25, 2020 - Happy Memorial Day!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Parent Input Survey:Each spring, we put a survey out for our families to give us input on things like what you know about the standards, how you feel about the quality of your child's education, the effectiveness of our office team, our PTC, and programs you would like to see us offer in the upcoming year. The data is published each summer, and is reviewed very carefully by Mrs. Hladun and our team. We truly use the survey to help us make decisions - your input is very important. Click here to take the survey: https://forms.gle/L4wRCffEpfWZRyyZ7. It is open through May 31.
Wrapping Up The Year:
The year is rapidly coming to a close. Gogle Meets are taking on a different tone, and the volume of daily class work is beginning to slow (yay!). A reminder that our teachers are available to your children through Friday, June 5th before they begin their summer break, too. Our office team is beginning to shift gears to planning for 2020-21 - we are organizing records (digital and paper) to transition to every single elementary and middle school in the district - we have kiddos leaving LCES to attend every WPUSD school but LHS! It's wild. In that vein,
A few other details:
- We will host our final materials pickup/drop off on June 3 and 4. Please see below for (LOTS) of details.
- We know that closure for the school year is tough. In an effort to offer some, we are hosting an end of the year car parade - parents see the details below!
- Our PTC is hosting their final public meeting of the year on Tuesday at 5:30 pm. You can find the details in our public calendar at lces.wpusd.org
- iReady access is controlled by the District, but the process they use that 'turns it off' is not scheduled to happen until late July, so you should have access until then!
Students will NOT receive a report card at the end of Trimester 3, however, there will be a brown envelope mailed to your home shortly after school is out with some input from your 2019-20 teacher included. ALL students will be promoted to the next grade in 2020-21. If you need another copy of your child's trimester 2 report card for your own records, contact your child's 2020-21 school office and they will be happy to help you get that.
Our school is a really special place to learn, grow and be...and that wouldn't be possible without our amazing volunteers. For all the moms, dads, grandparents, LHS students, and members of our community that contribute their time, talents and gifts, we appreciate you! Here is a small token of our appreciation: https://youtu.be/VF7XWTGczA4
End of Year Materials Pick Up
- 9am-12pm: students who have a District Chromebook checked out (any last name)
- 12-3pm: Last Names A-F
- 3pm-6pm: Open Pick Up
- 9am-12pm: Last Names G-O
- 12pm-3pm: Last names P-Z
- 3pm-6 pm: Open Pick Up
Things to Note:
- Please Send ONE adult per student
- Please do NOT bring your children
- Please maintain social distance
- Please be efficient - we are distributing over 700 items and collecting back hundreds of materials - we need your help to keep lines short!
- Please consider wearing a face covering per the current Placer Co. guidelines
- You can drop off/pick up materials for neighbors/friends with their advance permission - this is not the case for Chromebook return, though - a parent must return the device/cord
Things to Bring to Return:
- Chromebook & cord (if you borrowed one from the district - please bring on 6/3 between 9-12)
- Any Library Books
- Any teacher's personal library books
- Any Science textbooks (gr. 4 and 5)
- Math textbook (Mrs. Wright and Mrs. Hill only)
- Ukuleles (4th graders only)
- Class novels (Hatchet, By the Big Horn Spoon, Lemonade Wars, etc...) - returning these is optional!
- Gift for your teacher or other staff (optional)
Please do NOT bring:
- Classwork for your teacher
Summer Send Off Car Parade - June 5th!
A few requirements:
- Please adhere to your grade level time so we can manage traffic flow
- Please decorate your car or have a sign to let our team know who is in which car
- Please have your Colt sit in the back seat of the passenger side of the car, if possible
- Please do not exit your vehicle - families must NOT exit their vehicles, and our staff are be required to stay on the sidewalk
- You can only participate if you are in a car. Bikes, walking, scooters, skateboards, etc... are not appropriate for this activity - please come in a car for everyone's safety
- Staff will be there to direct traffic
- Wear your best Colt Pride! :)
Please enter the drop off loop by turning right into campus from the corner of Whitfield and Groveland. We'll keep to one row of cars along the traditional drop off zone/sidewalk. Cars will exit by turning right out of the parking lot at Farrington and Groveland.
Times for your parade visit:
9-9:20 am - TK
9:20-9:40 am - Kindergarten
9:40-10 am - 1st Grade
10-10:20 am - 2nd Grade
10:20-10:40 am - 3rd Grade
10:40-11 am - 4th Grade
11-11:20 am - 5th Grade
LCES FAQs (* = updated on 5/24)
What about yearbooks?
Our yearbook printer will be closed until 5/15 at least and we will receive our yearbooks in mid-July. Once we have them, we'll make plans for distribution this summer or this fall. If you did not order a book, but would like one, please email Mrs. Soha (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be place on a waiting list for any extra yearbooks.
What about food service accounts?
*When can we pick up our student's materials and drop off things that belong to the school?
See those details above! A reminder that you can return library books ANYTIME to the box in front of the school!
Can I turn in the work my child has completed?
We are not collecting back work materials that we sent home. Your teacher may reach out to you in order to get pictures of materials and is likely engaging with your child in a digital format. Check in with your teacher if you need/want feedback on your child’s progress.
Is it important that my child participate in the activities my teacher is providing?
Although your child’s work will not be graded, many teachers have found creative ways to give them feedback on their work. Participating in the activities/work that your teacher has prepared will help him/her to stay engaged and on track for next school year. We think it’s really important that your child is engaging in the school activities we have prepared, otherwise we wouldn’t send it home! Our #1 goal is to minimize busy work and to maximize productive time!
What if I/my child just can’t do the activities...it’s all just too much!
We hear you! Everyone is in a different spot right now. Just let your teacher know if what you are getting is more than you can manage. It doesn’t matter why, but let us work together with you to find out how to make things work!
Why does my teacher keep trying to get in touch with me/my student?
If your child didn’t come to school for a week, we’d be really worried! That’s our job and our nature! To that end, we are really trying to connect with each child each week. Please help us do that! If you are having an issue that’s preventing your child from participating, just let us know so we can find a way to make it work for you!
*What about Fort Bragg reimbursements?
Direct payment reimbursements are already in process. Our PTC will make a decision about how to manage funds raised through Butterbraid sales at their public meeting on Tuesday, 5/26 at 5:30 pm. This will be a virtual meeting - login details are available in our public calendar at lces.wpusd.org.
I have more unanswered questions!
Virtual Spirit Days
Please plan to wear your BEST Colt Pride gear (on you and/ or your car!) at our Summer Send Off Car Parade on 6/5!
Past virtual spirit day boards:
- staff appreciation week - week of 5/4-8: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/staffappreciation
- art - week of 4/14-17: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/art
- books! - week of 3/30-4/3: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/books
- superhero - week of 3/30-4/3: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/superheros
- learning at home - week of 3/23-27: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/distance_learning_spirit_day
- colt pride day on 3/20: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/coltpride_mar20
The LCES Office - this week
Mrs. Soha (our amazing secretary) is at work on Wednesdays & Thursdays, too. The office is closed while she is here, but if you have a question for her, she is taking phone calls from 10am-4pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
You can drop your address into this finder to confirm your elementary school boundary. Be sure to click the "Approved 2020-21 Elementary Boundary" box on the right to see next year's boundary!
Every Friday is a Colt Pride day! We love it all - new items, vintage Colt Gear, homemade items, Zebra gear, and blue & yellow! Click for our online spirit wear store - open 24/7/365!
The district has approved and published the next 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!