May 19, 2023
Watch Dogs of the Week!
We want to thank Mr. Cliff & Mr. McClerren for being our Watch Dogs this week! Our students loved having both of you here!!
Reid Elementary Field Day
Reid Elementary’s Field Day is TUESDAY, MAY 30th from 1:30-3:15. It will include all DK, Kindergarten and First Grade students.
It is sure to be a fun filled day for all of our students! This event will include a variety of fun and exciting games and activities set up in a station format for each class to rotate through.
We are looking for parent volunteers and a few donations to help make these stations run smoothly. CLICK HERE if you are interested in volunteering or donating.
Since our field day runs until 3:15, caravan will not be able to start lining up until 3:25 because we will be using the caravan area for activities.
End of the Year- ABC Countdown
Missing Something? Come check our LOST and FOUND!
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
May 22nd- Board Meeting @ 6pm
May 23rd & 24th- Kindergarten Field Trip
May 29th- Memorial Day- No School
May 30th- Field Day (1:30- 3:15pm)
June 1st- Run Club Race @ 2:30pm
June 5th & 6th- Walk to Lippy's (details from your child's teacher)
June 7th- 1/2 Day for Reid students
June 8th- 1/2 Day & LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
ABC Countdown: L DAY= Lunch Outside!
Parent Vue Update
1. Log into Parent Vue
2. Click the online registration option (blue box)
3. Open online registration, scroll to the bottom and choose begin new registration
4. Once you see the list of schools open for registration, choose continue
5. Review each of your students information (DO NOT begin a new registration, this is just an update, your student is already enrolled!)
6. Submit your 2023-2024 up to date information!!!
LET'S TALK ABOUT SCHOOL SUPPLIES- FOR NEXT YEAR!
Don't Miss Reminders, Follow Reid Elementary On Facebook!
Complete Your iCHAT using the link below:
At Reid Elementary we are required to practice safety drills. We will practice fire, tornado, and lockdown drills. Drills are a chance for our whole school family to practice what we would do in an emergency situation. Our hope is that we never have to put these practices into real-life situations, but we always want to be prepared. Please talk to your child about these drills and the importance of practice.
Student Support at Home!
Please use the link below to access our parent toolkit. You will find various math and literacy parent resources to support your child at home!
Title I Links:
- Link to Title I on Goodrich website: https://www.goodrichschools.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=19826621
- Link to Title I School/Parent Compact: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDmnyTtPAdJu93c1ZYd3-mHDoe0eavrUK-sXCBA02eo/edit?usp=sharing
- Link to Title I Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oLhr_9Ks3WcUDLJLRXPLMVenLyiTZckRpBK-ATI1Wtc/edit?usp=sharing
- All students can learn.
- Every child grows under the conditions and at the time that's right for them.
- In teaching the whole child.
- All children have the potential to do great things!
- All children can learn, we just need to find the way to teach them.
- In growing the whole child—socially, emotionally, academically.
- Each child can make a difference!
- All students can be a leader
- Students learn best when actively engaged
Location: 7501 Seneca Street, Goodrich, MI, USA