Your Vote is POWER-ful!
Here's the deal:
Energy sources in Canada
Present the MP information on each of the following categories:
- advantages/disadvantages of your selected green energy
- environmental impact/risk
- comparison to one "non-green" energy source currently being used
- health benefits/risks
- efficiency of energy production
- environmental benefit
- how it works - the chemistry/physics behind the process
- why we should switch to your energy source
1. Canadian energy sources
"Clean Coal" Power
Trash Incinerator Power Plants
Natural Gas Power Plants
Select ONE green option and ONE current energy source to contrast.
- Why did you choose this greener energy source? In point form answer the
2. Position on energy issues of the new Liberal government
- reliance on fossil fuels
- green energy sector
- oil pipeline / oil sands
- thermal coal exports
- east-west electricity grid
- funding for scientific research
- greenhouse gases
- promoting the use of green energy
4. Great resources for research
To access resources go to: http://fmsslibrary.weebly.com/
- Effective Google searches
Keep track of your resources!
Library. Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 26 Oct 2015.
The Hellisheidi Power Station is the largest geothermal power station in the world. The plant produces 300 MW of electricity and 400 MW of thermal energy. The Hellisheidi Power Plant produces 100% renewable energy. [Photograph]. Retrieved from Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest.
Vote. [Photography]. Retrieved from Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest.