Parent Newsletter, LVES 2022-2023, Edition 2
Walking Students to Class
Badges will be printed today from 10-4 at the district administration building (corner of 1431 and Bar K Ranch Road) or from 4-6 at the elementary school. Make sure to bring your drivers license!
Please notice dropoff locations have changed. Civic Drive will only be used for students needing to eat breakfast. ALL other students should use the Travis Drive dropoff.
Please notice pickup locations have changed. Civic Drive will be used for 2nd and 3rd grade students. Travis Drive will be used for PK/ECSE/VRT/FAC/Kinder/1st. Siblings will be picked up at the youngest siblings' pickup location.
What Bus Does My Child Ride? When Will They Be Picked Up?
Loop at Dawn Drive- Bus Riders Only
Loop at Civic Drive- Students Needing Breakfast Only
Loop at Travis Drive- All other students
Students arriving after 7:45- parents will need to park and walk students in through front entrance to sign them in and receive a tardy slip.
Any students not physically present at this time will be marked absent. Any excuse notes will be processed and absences will be excused accordingly.
Parents will be allowed to come eat lunches with their students beginning Monday, September 12 to allow us time to teach cafeteria routines and procedures. Due to safety considerations, we will be doing a sign up sheet again. The sign up sheet will be forthcoming.
Loop at Dawn Drive- buses only
Loop at Civic Drive- 2nd/3rd grade students
Loop at Travis Drive- PK/ECSE/VRT/FAC/K/1st grade students
**Siblings will be picked up at the youngest student's dismissal location.
1. Exterior doors will remain locked at all times. Checks of exterior doors will be conducted to ensure they are locked and closed securely.
2. Interior doors will remain locked at all times.
3. No adult will be admitted to the building without being screened through our Raptor system which checks for criminal history violations.
4. All visitors will be issued a visitor's badge with a photo ID printed on it. Badges will be collected upon exiting the building. Visitors will be required to enter through the newly constructed vestibule at the front entrance.
5. A variety of safety drills will be conducted routinely in order to ensure students and staff know protocols for various emergency situations.
Lunch price- $2.90 (Adult- $3.40)
To add money to your child's account- https://www.myschoolbucks.com
Link to free/reduced lunch application in English- https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
Link to free/reduced lunch application in Spanish- https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application