What the Dickens!
By: Noah Braun
- Charles Dickens was a great English novelist and one of the most popular writers of all time.
- He was 58 when he died.
- Oliver Twist was Charles Dickens's first book that he made.
- Industrialization is the change in economic and social organization.
- The period of adjustment, (Industrial Revolution), led to many workers living in extreme poverty.
- The Victorian Era took place between 1837-1901.
- This time of era was named after Queen Victoria.
- Women did work jobs during the Victorian Era to earn money for the family.
Child Labor & Poverty during Victorian Era
- Children as young as five worked for money during this time of poverty.
- Charles Dickens worked in a factory to earn money so he could help pay off the family debt.