Week of 5.1.2023
Principal's Weekly Message
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Happy May! Last week was week one of PSSA testing. Our students in grades 3-6 took the ELA portion of the assessments and did a great job! Last Monday, our 2nd grade students had their field trip to the Elmwood Park Zoo. Students shared they had a great time and the zoo playground was a huge hit! On Wednesday, some of our students enjoyed a performance from the Pennfield Middle School orchestra and we recognized and thanked our Administrative Assistants, Mrs. Mason and Mrs. Mandes, for all they do for the students and staff at Hatfield Elementary. Friday, our 3rd graders had a glow stick dance party to celebrate earning the most Hawk Feathers last month! !
This week, PSSA continues for grades 3-6. Our students will be completing the math assessments and our fourth graders will also complete the science assessments. Please make sure your child gets plenty of sleep, comes to school with a charged chrome book, and is ready to do their best! Monday is School Lunch Super Hero Day. We recognize and thank Ms. Dina and her amazing team for all they do for our students! On Tuesday, our students in Mrs. Seiler and Mrs. Marzewski's classes will go on their CBI trip! Looks like it'll be another great week at Hatfield Elementary!
We hope you have a wonderful week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
PSSA Testing Schedule
- Math Dates (Grades 3-6): 5/1 and 5/2
- Science Dates (4th Grade only): 5/3 and 5/4
Hatfield Literacy Night
- Join us on Wednesday, May 17 from 6:00 - 7:30 for an evening under the sea! We will have math and reading activities, arts and crafts, face painting and treats. All students who attend will receive a free book. We are looking forward to this fun event!
- Kinder registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
Disney's Frozen the Musical
- The wait is over! North Penn High School Theatre and Thespian Troupe 5464 are proud to present Disney’s Frozen, the Broadway Musical. Shows will be held in the NPHS auditorium (1340 Valley Forge Road, Lansdale) at the following times: 5/6 at 7:30 PM 5/7 at 2:00 PM
- Ticket sales begin March 15 and are available exclusively online at http://www.npenn.org/theatre. Adults are $10, students $5. Tickets will be sold at the door based on availability and accessibility.
- Shows will be live streamed on April 29 and May 6 at 7:30 PM. One streaming ticket for $35 provides access to the show for unlimited viewers. Streaming tickets are also available at http://www.npenn.org/theatre.
- This is a friendly reminder that if you drop your child off in the morning, you must use the parking lot by the playground. The car drop off line ensures the safety of our students. Please do not drop your child off in the bus lot. Also, please remember we are no longer using door #3 (old car rider door) for arrival. Students who utilized that door should now enter from the main entrance doors. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
5/01 School Lunch Super Hero Day
5/01 PSSA Testing (continues through 5/5)
5/08 Teacher Appreciation Week (continues through 5/8)
5/16 Teacher In-service; No school for students
5/17 Hatfield Literacy Night
5/20 IronKnights Triathlon
5/23 Hatfield Home and School Meeting
5/26 Olympic Day
5/29 Memorial Day
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
VP Special Events - We are looking for a parent(s) to chair our Special Events board position. This person will be responsible for gathering a Committee for each event and ensuring all action items are met for a successful event. This position can be one person or it can be shared with another as Co-VPs.
- Movie Night - June 2nd - More information will be shared as we get closer. If anyone is interested in helping with this event, please contact Jen Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Dine & Donate Events
Mom's Water Ice - 6/1/23
- Next Home & School Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 5/23/22. Dr. Bauer will be presenting an update on the High School Renovation.
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: email@example.com.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
This week our Staff Spotlight is on Mrs. Mason. Mrs. Mason is the principal's secretary and has been at Hatfield for 27 years. She loves spending time with her family, especially in her happy place, Maine! Mrs. Mason's favorite thing about Hatfield is all the fun we have behind the scenes! :)
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.