Back to School Tech Update
August 29, 2016
- All student chromebooks have several labels on the bottom of them. One should be a white label with the cart # and chromebook # on it. (i.e. Cart 2 #4) Throughout the year, if the labels fall off, please let me know and I will make new ones. Please do not label the chromebooks yourself, or allow students to label them in any way.
- I will be distributing the chromebook carts sometime this week. Some classrooms share carts and some classrooms have their own cart. This was based on student numbers and trying not to clog the hallways with too many carts. For this reason, if you have your own cart, please keep it inside your classroom, rather than in the hallway. The outlets in the hallway cannot support the charging of all 19 of our carts.
- When you receive your cart, please double check that you have enough chromebooks for every student. New students continue to arrive and it is possible that I missed someone.
- I keep a record of all teacher and student chromebooks and where they are located. Please do not move chromebooks from one cart to another.
- If you have a problem with a chromebook (or any technology problem) please submit a ticket to the Technology help desk.
Student Design Center
Back to School Night
- LCD projector
- document camera
- lightspeed microphones
- presentation remotes (Check with the classrooms next to you to be sure your remote doesn't mess with their presentations!)
Please let me know ASAP if you have any issues with this equipment.
In addition, if you would like help incorporating technology into your BTSN presentation, please let me know!
The video below explains how to log in and search for the documents you need. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Schoology: lesson plans and more
- This year, lesson plans will need to be uploaded into Schoology. Schoology groups are still being set up for this year, so I will be sending out more information, as well as video tutorials for you soon.
- Other WFS resources can also be found in Schoology, such as technology cheat sheets and video tutorials.
- If you like schoology and want to use it with your class (grades 2-5) we can set your students up with an account. Schoology can be used in place of a teacher website in grades 2-5.
- A district wide workshop on schoology is available this Wednesday afternoon. If you'd like to sign up, please click here. This PD is eligible for early release credit.
- If you would like assistance setting up and using Schoology with your students, please let me know.
Reminders and Links
- Please do not send students to my office during the day - I am most often not there, which leaves them unsupervised.
- If you are dropping off chromebooks or other equipment in my office, please leave a note with your name on it and what the problem is, so I can fix it and return the equipment to you.
- If you need me immediately, please call my extension (8123) which forwards to my cell. If your tech issue is not an immediate problem, please put in a ticket at the Technology Help desk
- If you would like to make an appointment to have me come in to your class to teach a lesson, or work with you on something during your prep, please schedule a date on my calendar.
- To sign up to use the Student Design Center, click here.