Leicester High School
August 31st, 2021
We want to extend a warm welcome to you as you begin or continue your high school journey. While we hope that this summer vacation has been relaxing and fun for you, the first day of school is just a little over a week away on Wednesday, September 1st at 7:15 a.m. Please report directly to the Fine Arts Center on the first day of school. This summer vacation has been a much-needed rest for all of us, but we are excited to begin a new school year.
This summer also saw the addition of some new staff and some shifting of roles. Please join us in welcoming Mary Holmes (World Language), Michelle Hipple (Special Education), Ana Curren (Special Education), Lisa Petkie (Special Education), Olga Torres-Lopez (World Language), Jennifer Reynolds (Athletic Director), and Elaine Stone (Main Office). While you probably have already heard, for those who haven’t, I will be taking on the role of Acting Principal, and Beth Johnson will be joining us from middle school to be the Assistant Principal.
Free Meals for all LHS Students
Leicester Public Schools is providing free meals to all students under the USDA’s Child Nutrition Programs. All children enrolled in the district are eligible for these free meals* regardless of their eligibility status through June 30th, 2022. (*This does not apply to a la carte items that are in addition to a standard meal. A la carte items are sold for a fee).
Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications are used to determine free or reduced cost eligibility for many school programs, such as athletics, exam fees, etc. if there is financial need. To qualify for reduced costs for programs, you must fill out a Free and Reduced Application. Applications are available online at this link.
If you need help filling out the application, or have questions about the Free and Reduced Meal Program, please contact the Food Service Department:
Laurie Cascione 508-892-7030 x1190
Food Service Director
8/25/2021 School Committee Meeting Highlights
If you were unable to attend or stream the August 25 School Committee Meeting, here are some highlights:
- The state has mandated that students in Grades K-12 wear masks through October 1 (at which point they will provide further guidance). The School Committee voted to strongly recommend - but not require - that Pre-K students wear masks.
- The Committee voted to re-open the use of school facilities to groups and organizations that wish to apply.
- The vision for the purchase of Becker College has been sent to the town for inclusion on the website.
- The Committee gratefully accepted a donation of classroom supplies from Greenville Baptist Church.
- Assistant Superintendent candidate Richard Lind was approved by the School Committee.
- The positions of Operations Administrative Assistant and Reading Specialist were approved by the School Committee.
- EAL contact ratification update and approved by the School Committee.
Pictured: Nicklaus Hellstrom, Chloe Bouchard, Alexis Goodney, Grace Guinee, and Erin Gerber
First Day of School Schedule (Wednesday, September 1st)
7:05 - 8:00 Homeroom/FAC Meetings
8:03 - 8:38 1st Block (A)
8:41 - 9:16 2nd Block (B)
9:19 - 9:54 3rd Block (C)
9:57 - 10:38 4th Block (D)
10:41 - 11:06 5th Block (E) (1st LUNCH)
11:09 - 11:34 (2nd LUNCH)
11:37 - 12:02 (3rd LUNCH)
12:05 - 12:53 6th Block (F)
12:56 - 1:45 7th Block (G)
Leicester High School 21-22 Bell Schedule
Art club will be having its first meeting of the year Tuesday, 9/7, from 1:45 until 3:00 pm. Anyone who is interested in participating in Art Club is invited to attend! If you would like to join the Google Classroom ahead of time, please email Ms. Rieder for more information.
Dates to Remember
September 1st - First day of school
September 10th - Picture Day
September 16th - Curriculum Night/Open House 6-8 p.m.
September 24th - College Fair (LHS Gymnasium)
October 5th - College Night for Senior Parents 6:30 p.m.
October 9th - Homecoming
October 13th - PSAT Day (Grade 10-11 students)
October 21st - Tri-M Induction/Performing Arts Fall Concert