WHS Principal Post- March 2020
The Monthly Hammerschmidt Family Newsletter
Dear WHS Families,
- WHS School Colors Day
- PTA "Stargrazers" Fruit & Vegetable sampling in Lunchroom
- End of Trimester 2
- WHS PTA Mtg., 7:00 p.m., LRC
- Grade 5 Robert Crown Puberty Presentations
- PTA Dine-Out, Noodles & Co.
- Grade 3-5 Illinois Assessment of Readiness (I.A.R.) Begins - Day 1
- Grade 3-5 IAR Testing- Day 2
- Trimester 2 Report Card Distribution
- PTA Movie Night, 6:15- 8:15 p.m.
- Grade 3-5, IAR Testing - Day 3
- Grade 3-5, IAR Testing - Day 4
- D44 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) Night at GWMS, 7:00 p.m.
- Grade 3-5, IAR Testing - Day 5
- Grade 3-5, IAR Testing - Day 6
- Student Council - Dress Like an "Old Person" Day
- Musical Dress Rehearsal Assembly 1:15- 3:15 p.m.
- WHS Spring Musical- Gr. 3-5 at GWMS
- WHS Spring Musical- Grades K-2 at GWMS
- Early Release Day, Dismissal at 1:15 p.m.
- Spring Break Begins
- Classes Resume
Latest WHS News... Starcast Episode 3
Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) Testing Information:
School Wide Morning Meeting w/ Grade 1 Leaders
You can click on the link below to view the presentation. Check it out!
Habit #4- Think Win- Win- Student Award Winners
WHS Spring Musicals are Coming Soon!
Our WHS Spring Musicals are right around the corner.
Like last year, we will be having our performances at Glenn Westlake Middle School. (GWMS is located behind Manor Hill School, on Main St. south of Roosevelt Rd. This should allow us more space to safely enjoy the show. Listed below are some important details regarding our musicals:
All families will enter GWMS at the Main Entrance, Door #1.
Doors will open at 6:40 p.m.
One adult will be asked to drop off your child, and then pick them up after the show at their assigned classroom.
Classroom teachers will supervise students during the time the students are not on stage.
Classroom assignments will be sent home the week before the performances!
Grades 3-5 Will Perform on Tuesday, 3/24 at 7:00 p.m.
Grades Kdg.- 2 Will Perform on Thursday, 3/26 at 7:00 p.m.
One School One Book- Coming in April
Official Stars and Spikes 2020 Race Shirt
Save the Date!!!! Stars and Spikes 2020 - Saturday May 9th!!!
Click on the link below to see the highlights from last year's event!
Congratulations Penelope Dinglasan!
Share Your News With Us!
The Star Cast crew would like to know what is happening with WHS students outside of school hours! If you have a news story or event that you would like WHS to know about, please fill in the following link. Please keep in mind that the StarCast Productions come out once they are complete (without a set timeline). If you know of an event date ahead of time, please give adequate time to get it into the Starcast.
Share your news with us by clicking on the link below.
Glenbard Parent Series
These events are FREE and do not require advanced registration!