EDHS College & Career Center News

Info on Scholarships, Transcripts, Work Permits and more!

2020 EDHS Scholarship Winners!

Congratulations to this year's senior scholarship winners! CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW THE WINNERS!

Is the College & Career Center open during the school closure?

The College & Career Center is closed during our school closure. However, I am is still available to assist students. If you have questions, please email me (Stephanie Yurkovic) at syurkovic@eduhsd.k12.ca.us. I will be checking email Monday through Friday and will be happy to assist you remotely.

Join Google Classroom for the latest info!

Join the EDHS College & Career Resource Class in Google Classroom to get all the latest news and to post questions to the comment board.

  1. Log into Google Classroom with your student email.
  2. Click on the + in the upper right corner to "Join a Class".
  3. Enter Code u5aogcj to join.

Scholarship & Transcript Updates

During our school closure, we will NOT be able to receive scholarship applications at the College & Career Center. All of the applications originally due on campus will now need to be mailed by you. Please postmark each application by the scholarship due date.

USE THIS LIST for addresses and info.

If you already submitted applications to the College & Career Center, rest assured that those applications will be mailed on your behalf.

Important guidelines regarding TRANSCRIPTS for scholarships:

If you plan to apply for any scholarships that require an official transcript, and you have run out of those official copies, please send an email to our Registrar, Regina Medina, rmedina@eduhsd.k12.ca.us.

In the email, include your full name and graduation year. Mrs. Medina will email you a signed and stamped copy of your transcript that you can print and include with scholarship applications. We are aware that your official transcript will not be in a sealed envelope. That is ok in the case of scholarships.

If you need an official transcript for college, please make contact with that school to see if they can receive it via email.

Please email me if you have questions about submitting scholarships.

- Mrs. Yurkovic syurkovic@eduhsd.k12.ca.us

Work Permit Info

How can you get a Work Permit processed during the school closure?

Students are not permitted on campus for the reason of turning in a request for a work permit. Follow the instructions below to obtain a Work Permit.

Way to submit a work permit request:

Note: All three sections on pg. 2 of your work permit (minor’s information, parent signature, and employer information) must be complete before submitting your work permit.

  • Download the Request for Work Permit
  • Email option: Scan and email completed work permit to syurkovic@eduhsd.k12.ca.us
  • Other Options: If you do not have access to a scanner, computer or email, you can take a picture/screenshot of your work permit with your phone and text it to my google voice work number at (530) 303-8353.

We will complete your request and email the completed work permit form back to you for you to give to your employer.

Did you miss the March 2nd deadline to file the FAFSA? Don't worry, you still have options!

Community College & Trade School Students:

  • Students planning on attending a California Community College are still able to submit the FAFSA! FAFSA gives students two free years of tuition at selected local community colleges. Students will want to submit a FAFSA before May in order to register for classes at no cost.

4-Year College/University School Students:

  • Students who missed the March 2nd deadline and are planning on attending a 4-year college are still able to submit the FAFSA, but will no longer be considered for Cal Grant qualification (additional money provided by the state of California).

Helpful Tips:

  • Both the student and one parent must create an FSA ID before starting the FAFSA. You must know your Social Security Number before starting. Go to FSAID.ed.gov to begin.
  • Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool within the FAFSA application to automatically upload your family's 2018 taxes into the FAFSA. This saves you time and avoids potential errors. (at least one parent needs to create an FSA ID before using this tool).
  • When reporting parent/guardian information, students should use the parent(s) or guardian(s) who they have lived with a majority of the time over the past 12 months.

Ready to apply? Begin the process at FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Students who do not have a Social Security Number (Noncitizens) cannot apply for the FAFSA. They can, however, still receive financial aid by completing the free California Dream Act Application (CADAA).