Nautilus Counseling Corner
Monthly Update from Mrs. Carlton
What a great start to the 2022-2023 school year! We started our Toolbox lessons last week with an introduction to the program. Parents/Guardians should have received a letter home last week, explaining what Toolbox is and the social/emotional skills we will be learning and working on this school year. This month, we will be reading some great books on courage and how to calm ourselves when we have BIG feelings. We will be introducing our Breathing Tool, Quiet/Safe Place Tool, and Listening Tool.
Starting The School Year Off Right!
Here are some tips on having a successful school year:
- Attend parent/teacher conferences
- Check the Nautilus website frequently for information and updates
- Support homework expectations
- Send your child to school ready to learn which includes a full night's rest and breakfast.
- Teach organizational skills and study skills at home
- Know the disciplinary policies for Nautilus (found in our school handbook)
- Get involved at Nautilus
- Take attendance seriously
- Make time to talk about school with your child