The empire and its reign
The man behind the empire
- Real name is Temujin
- Born with a blood clot in his hand
- Father was poisoned by a rivle tribe when he was nine
- Married at 16 to Borte
- He rescued her from kidnapping and soon after had a son
- people doubt the kid to be his, he accepted him as his own anyways.
- He was shortly enslaved when he was in his twenties
- His assent to power was slow at the beginning
what some people believe him to look like
How the empire grew
- Made the preexisting empire safer.
- First step of expansion was in the Xi Xia kingdom.
- had a series of small raids to gain a foothold.
- took a large step that placed him in front of Yinchuan (the capital of Xi Xia empire).
- The army was almost entirely cavalrymen.
- After this victory, they continued to raid other empires.
Genghis Khans death
- He returned to the Xi Xia kingdom.
- In combat a horse through him to the ground.
- The impact on the ground caused damage internally.
- With his injuries he continued to fight in the campaign.
- He died from the injuries on August 18, 1227.
- His final resting place has never been located.
- His children took over and continued to expand
- They even invaded Japan
- The empire came to ruins in the 14th century.
- Genghis Khan and the making of the modern world - Jack Weatherford