News and Information
May 9, 2016
- The schedule will change because of STAAR. The Google Doc below has the schedule. Please note that there are 2 tabs - one for Monday and Tuesday and one for Wednesday.
- The state has decided that they have enough information about everyone's break times. We are no longer required to keep track of break times for students. We will just have to record the total amount of time each student uses to take the test. Directions from the revised manual are included below.
- No Art classes as Denise Parr will be administering the test.
- It looks like Monday will be rainy, but if it clears off, no recess on the playground. Once everyone is finished, you may go back out onto the playground. You can set out the cones and block off the bus loop if weather permits.
- I attached a link to the STAAR video I will show in the morning meeting. The kids are always asking me to see it again, so I attached it so you can show it again.
Directions for recording total testing time on STAAR
May 10. 3rd STAAR Reding, 4th STAAR Reading, 5th STAAR Reading Retest
May11. 5th STAAR Science
May 12. STUCO Field Trip
May 16. 8:00 504 Meeting for PM Bergara, Carroll, Gooch, McQueen, Ruiz
May 16. 8:30 504 Meeting for EF Bergara, Carroll, Gooch, McQueen, Ruiz, Stout
May 16. 9:00 ARD for EB Cely, Hansbury, Gibson, Durrett
May 16. 10:45 504 Meeting for JL Dankesriter, Daugherty, Jonas, Schulte, Stanley
May 18. PLC Wear your college shirt and jeans.
May 18. 9:45 504 Meeting for TW Simmons
May 19. 8:15 504 Meeting for GC Bergara, Carroll, Gooch, McQueen, Ruiz
May 20. Fine Arts Day
May 23-27 Turn in Technology Week
May 23. 8:15 504 Meeting for LM Bergara, Carroll, Gooch, McQueen, Ruiz
May 23. 8:15 ARD for SW Cahill, Puckett, Barnett, S. Brockett
May 23. 504 Meeting for KU Dankesreiter, Daugherty, Jonas, Schulte, Stanley
May 23. 6:30 Kindergarten Graduation
May 24. 8:15 ARD for ZV Bergara, Carroll, Gooch, McQueen, Fedde, Ivans, Steigleder
May 24. 9:45 ARD for DS Witler, Cahill, Steigleder, Barnett, S. Brockett, Jonson
May 25. Science Fair
May 25. 6:30 Talent Show
May 26. 2nd grade Market Place
May 26. 504 Meeting for DS Bergara, Carroll, Gooch, McQueen, Ruiz
May 26. 9:00 ARD for AM Hansbury, VanderWal, Barnett
May 27. FIELD DAY
May 30. NO SCHOOL Memorial Day
May 31. 9:00 Yearbook signing party
June 1. 8:15 Awards for 2nd and 3rd grades
June 1. 1:30 Early Dismissal
June 1. 8:00pm HS Graduation
June 2. 8:15 Awards for 4th and 5th grades
June 2. 1:30 Early Dismissal
June 3. Work Day
- Terri Steigleder's daughter-in-law, Brittany needs many prayers! They recently found out that she has developed a second tumor on her brain. They have been treating the original tumor with chemotherapy. Tillman and Brittany will be meeting with th doctor to discuss the possibility of surgery but it is risky. The newlyweds and their families need your prayers. Please add them to any prayer chain you can!
- Denise Parr has a disease that causes her to lose potassium from her body. It is a rare disorder and not a lot is known about effective ways to treat it. She has been experiencing issues with it lately. Please pray for her.
- Keven and Carolyn's grandson, Jonas is still having seizures, and they are severe and scarey! He's been to doctors at Cooks and Dallas Children's Hospital. They have not been able to find the cause or an effective treatment. Please continue to pray for him and their family!
- Stephanie Hendrix's mother-in-law (who is also Cali McQueen's grandmother) passed away on Saturday. Please keep the family in your prayers.
- Trey Williamson (Landon's dad) has been moved to a rehab facility. After the ATV wreck, he had surgery. After the initial surgery, he had some sensation in his knees. He still has no movement in his arms or legs. Please continue to pray for their family!