The Eagle Newsletter
September 20, 2021
Please click 'view it in your browser' to view the entire newsletter!
Cherry Creek Academy
Vision: Building Our Future of Academic Excellence in a Value Rich Community
Cherry Creek Academy is a Core Knowledge charter school with motivated students and responsible parents working together with exemplary teachers to provide excellent education in an environment that upholds the high expectations and values of leadership, responsibility, respect, loyalty, integrity, humility, diligence and compassion.
Important - October 1
It's that time of year again where we are asking for ALL STUDENTS to be in school for our yearly October Count day, Friday, October 1, 2021. Students can wear FREE DRESS that day. For each classroom that has 100% attendance for this day their classroom will be added into the drawing for a pizza party for their classroom, the date is still being determined. So please remember that on October 1, 2021 each student is allowed to wear free dress and each classroom with 100% attendance will be entered into a drawing for a pizza party.
Book Fair is This Week!
This is the week of the Book Fair! The hours of the book fair are as follows:
Friday: 7:30am- 12pm (YES WE ARE OPEN FRIDAY!!!!)
We still need a few more volunteers! Please sign up for a slot to volunteer here: Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up Once you have signed up for a slot we also need you to please fill out our CCA Parent Vaccination Form here: CCA Parent Volunteer Vaccination Form. We need you to complete both the sign-up and form before you are able to volunteer for the book fair.
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Lanyi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Empower a Teacher Contest
The Butterfly Foundation is accepting nominations for three (3) outstanding teachers to receive $1000 to help empower their 2021 fall semester.
Teachers may apply or be nominated, entrant must be a Colorado resident and be able to provide proof of employment in a Denver Metropolitan
- Active K-12 Denver Metropolitan Area teacher.
- Provide proof of current registration with the Colorado Department of Education on or before the start of the Empower a Teacher Contest.
Questions: Please email Savanah Tanner at email@example.com
The Contest Submission Period begins on 08/26/2021, at 12:01 AM Mountain Standard Time (MST), and ends on 09/25/2021 at 11:59 MST
Meet Our New Therapy Dog Fitz!
Please click on the attached presentation to meet our new therapy dog Fitz!
The Mounted Patrol Unit of Arapahoe County Came to CCA on Sept 16, 2021
We are excited to share that the Mounted Patrol Unit of Arapahoe County came to Cherry Creek Academy on Thursday, September 16, 2021.
The Mounted Patrol Unit started a "Reading to a Horse" program where the horses go to schools and students are able to increase their reading skills by reading out loud to the horses. As part of the program, that Mounted Unit created a book called, "The Happy Police Horse," that the children read. The book emphasizes the importance of reading and education in children's lives.
This professionally developed book is also available for purchase. All proceeds from sales of the book go to support Back The Blue K9 Force, a 501c3 that supports Law Enforcement service animals. To purchase a book go to click on this link The Happy Police Horse.
Below are some pictures from the event at CCA!
Fall Parent Teacher Conferences This Week
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Conferences will be held in the evening.
K-4 will be held in-person, 5-8 will be held virtually.
Friday, September 24, 2021
All conferences will be held virtually in the morning.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols on CCA Website
CCSD and our community health partners continue to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics to adults and students 12 and older who would like to be vaccinated.
A Message from our PTO
Please join us Friday, October 15, 2021, at 8:15 am. Details to log in can be found on the CCA Master Calendar. We look forward to ideas and input from many members of our community!
Here are some quick links:
The PTO Needs You!
We are looking for a PIN Representative and PTO Assistant Treasurer if you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Order Your Cherry Creek Academy Yearbook Today!
Box Tops for Education
Parents: Become a Substitute at CCA!
Are you interested in being a Substitute Teacher at Cherry Creek Academy? We are in need of substitutes and can help you become one at our school!
- Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher? If you do you are eligible to apply for a Three Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link.
- If you do not hold a Bachelor’s degree, but you are a High School graduate, you are eligible to apply for a One Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link. to access the application link. Daily Rate: $110/day.
Upon receipt of your initial licensure, and 5 days of working as a substitute at CCA, CCA will reimburse you for the cost of your licensure.
*See our posting for Substitute Teacher below under Now Hiring.
Kent Denver Experience Day
It's almost time for Kent Denver Experience Day, our open house and biggest Admission event.
We're excited for prospective families from CCA to see our inspirational educators "in action." All academic departments from Athletics, to College Counseling, to Financial Aid, and more, will be in attendance to greet and inform interested families. We'll also have live music provided by our very own Quincy Avenue Rhythm Band. This year, we're gearing the event primarily to prospective 6th and 9th graders to ensure comfortable spacing while also showcasing our incredible campus and facilities.
What: Experience Kent Denver
When: Saturday, September 25
Where: The event begins in our central plaza
** All guests will be asked to wear masks inside and outside buildings while on campus.
We welcome interested families to RSVP online or to contact Holly Crittenden, Admission Office Manager, at 303-770-7660 x433.
Steel City Codes
Champions at CCA
This year Champions at Cherry Creek Academy is offering after school care for all CCA children. Champions is not offering before school care. Above you can see the hours and pricing for this service. Enroll today at Discoverchampions.com or contact your site director Amanda Bashford at 719-216-6014 or email@example.com.
Attention 8th Graders - Colorado Early College
Hello 8th grade Families!
My name is Mary Bain, I am the marketing coordinator for Colorado Early Colleges in Castle Rock, Inverness, and Parker! We have several students from Cherry Creek Academy that are thriving at Colorado Early Colleges (CEC). CEC is a network of public, charter schools where students earn a 2-year college degree or industry certificate for free in high school. At CEC, we offer accessible, flexible, and individualized education. Students are placed into classes based on their Accuplacer assessment scores, academic abilities, and career interests, not based on their grade-level.
I would love to be a resource for you all as you start to think about the right high school fit. I encourage you all to attend one of the information opportunities linked below. These opportunities are a great chance to get to meet with our leadership team, learn about our award-winning school model, and understand our school culture.
I hope to meet you all soon. I am happy to answer any questions you have about Colorado Early Colleges or high school fit, so please don’t hesitate to send me an email. Thanks!
Monday, Sep. 20th, 7:30am to Friday, Sep. 24th, 12:30pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Volleyball Game vs. AACP
Monday, Sep. 20th, 4pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Volleyball Game at Challenge to Excellence
Tuesday, Sep. 21st, 4pm
16995 Carlson Drive
Soccer Game at Challenge to Excellence
Tuesday, Sep. 21st, 4pm
16995 Carlson Drive
Lions Invitational XC
Tuesday, Sep. 21st, 5:15pm
6301 South University Boulevard
CCA Parent Teacher Conferences
Thursday, Sep. 23rd, 5pm
6260 South Dayton Street
CCA Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, Sep. 24th, 8am
This is an online event.
To Join a Meeting
- Please visit CCA's Master Calendar.
- Click on the event that you would like to attend.
- Click "click here to join the meeting" underneath the description section.
- Alternatively, you can join by phone by dialing the meeting number and entering the meeting pin.
- Please remember to use mute when you are not speaking. This is important and will reduce background noise and other complications.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Advancing Colorado’s health and protecting the places we live, learn, work and play
Dear parents/guardians of students in Colorado kindergarten – 12th grade schools for the 2021-22 school year:
We know you’re thinking of all the things you need to do to make sure your student is ready for school. Getting vaccinated is an important part of their school readiness and keeps children from catching and spreading diseases that can make them sick. We wish you and your student a healthy school year!
Required and recommended vaccines
- Colorado law requires students who attend a public, private, or parochial kindergarten - 12th grade school to be vaccinated against many of the diseases vaccines can prevent, unless a certificate of exemption is filed. For more information, visit cdphe.colorado.gov/schoolrequiredvaccines. Your student must be vaccinated against:
o Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap)
o Hepatitis B (HepB)
o Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
o Polio (IPV)
o Varicella (chickenpox)
- Colorado follows recommendations set by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Students entering kindergarten must receive their final doses of DTaP, IPV, MMR and varicella. Students entering 6th grade must receive one dose of Tdap vaccine, even if they are under 11 years of age. You can view recommended vaccine schedules at
- Vaccines are recommended for hepatitis A, influenza, meningococcal disease and human papillomavirus, but are not required.
Exclusion from school
- Your student may be excluded from school if your school does not have an up-to-date vaccine record, certificate of exemption, or in-process plan for your student on file.
- If someone gets sick with a vaccine-preventable disease or there is an outbreak at your student’s school and your student has not received the vaccine for that disease, they may be excluded from school activities. That could mean lost learning time for them and lost work and wages for you. For example, if your student has not received a MMR vaccine, they may be excluded from school for 21 days after someone gets sick with measles.
- You may want to talk to a healthcare provider licensed to give vaccines or your local public health agency about which vaccines your student needs or if you have questions. You can read about the safety and importance of vaccines at SpreadTheVaxFacts.com, ImmunizeForGood.com, and cdphe.colorado.gov/immunization-education.
Paying for vaccinations
- If you need help finding free or low-cost vaccines and providers who give them, go to COVax4Kids.org, contact your local public health agency, or call the state health department’s Family Health Line at 1-303-692-2229 or 1-800-688-7777. You can find your local public health agency at cdphe.colorado.gov/find-your-local-public-health-agency.
- Please take your student’s updated vaccine record to school every time they receive a vaccine.
- Need to find your student’s vaccine record? It may be available from the Colorado Immunization Information System. Visit COVaxRecords.org for more information.
- If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes. You can get the form at cdphe.colorado.gov/vaccine-exemptions.
- If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school.
Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1 through June 30th of the following year). There are two ways to file a nonmedical exemption.
○ File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
○ File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
Downloadable certificates and our online education module are available at
Community Events and News
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Fremont Center | 14603 E Fremont Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
The Parent Connection: CCSD's Newsletter
The Parent Connection is sent to parents and community subscribers twice a month with information about student, school and district achievements, financial information, staff, events, board policy and more.
Please click here to read the latest Parent Connection newsletter from CCSD.