Jr. Scout/Stuart Little's Tot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Danielle's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
December 8th - Ms. Erin
December 7th: Ornaments with Grandparents
December 24th-26th: Closed for Holiday Break
December 31st-January 1st: Closed for New Years Eve
January - We will receive our award for being a level 3 Paths to Quality - be sure to congratulate your teachers on a job well done!
January 12th: Mrs. Kayla Birthday
Upcoming Zoophonics Friends
Week of Dec. 3rd: Jerry Jellyfish
Week of Dec. 10th : Dee Dee Deer
Week of Dec. 24 : Review of S,J, & D
Week of Dec. 31 : Review of all letters so far this year (L, F, E, H, T, I, U, C, O, Q, G, S, J, D)
New to our school? Check out links at the end of the newsletter to learn the sounds and Zoophonics song.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Classroom!
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
- We will be working with colors and shapes, identifying and placing them in a puzzle form
- This month we will be doing a lot of holiday winter crafts from Christmas to snowflakes and many other fun things leading up to the new year
- We plan to focus on social emotional skills throughout the month We will begin to identify ourselves. Our goal is to say our names and know who we are; when asked "Where is 'your name'?" your kiddos will learn to point to themselves or say "that's me."
- We say goodbye to Emilia. We will miss her, but he will see her the am's before 7:30 and the evenings after 4.
- We say hello to Brady! He's joined right into are activities and we're excited to see him grow and develop!
I'm super excited for some Winter books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out December 4th and will orders will be due December 13th. Our online code is HQ686
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back: Pajama Drive
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back- Winning Class gets a Pizza Party and the winning teacher earns PTO!!!
We are teaming up with Scholastic and participating in a pajama drive. We are collecting until December 13th.
Who are the pajamas and books helping?
The pajamas and books are helping at-risk children (ages 0–18) throughout the country. Often homeless, in foster care, or in poverty, their unstable, uncertain lives make them uniquely vulnerable as bedtime approaches. Each night, millions of children in this country have no bed to call their own—let alone pajamas to change into or books to escape into—and so they have no concept of a loving bedtime. The treasured ritual of changing into clean pajamas and tucking in with an enchanting bedtime story are unknown; some of these children, in fact, have never heard of pajamas
What pajama sizes are needed the most?
Although Pajama Program accepts new pajamas in all sizes, the most overlooked ones are generally children’s sizes 8 to adult 3XL. It is often the bigger, older children who are left out.
What kinds of pajamas should I collect?
New pajamas only.
Pajamas should be a complete set—a top and bottom, or an appropriate nightgown.
Pajamas for all seasons, but especially warm, cozy ones to help the children on our list during the long, cold months at this time of year.
Tax Time is Approaching...
Dear Tot Spot Families,
I am sending this email because we are getting close to the end of the year and therefore close to tax season. Because of our changes from Rapid Tuition to Tuition Express there will be two-year end summaries (a mid year summary for Rapid Tuition and a year-end summary). I emailed all our families when we transferred from Rapid Tuition at the time of the change, so please check your email history for that email. As far as Tuition Express, every family has direct access to your billing receipts through www.myprocare.com . If you have already signed up with www.myprocare.com you are ahead of the game. However, if you have not, you can register from this link www.myprocare.com. You will use the email you received this message from to login. If you have any problems, please let me know.
Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow!!
Goodbye Summer....Hello Sickness! :(
Healthy Start Wisdom
Have a headache?
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
We so appreciate you supporting our fundraising efforts such as parent's night out!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Thank you to the Camden's for buying pizza for our monthly meeting!
Thank you to the Bare's and Michael's for bringing in donuts
Thank you for all the Halloween donations for our classroom parties
- Please make sure that your child has weather appropriate clothing in their cubbies. Now the weather is starting to cool off we need long sleeve shirts, long pants and jackets.
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
· Food Coloring
· Musical Instruments
· Empty Clean Plastic Jars (Mayo, PB, etc. Jar)
· Contact Paper
· Large Crayons
· EXPO Dry Erase Marker Cleaning Spray
· Scrap Paper
· Salt - Regular and Rock Salt
· Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Question: What is your favorite Christmas song?
Ms. Kayla: Santa Baby
Ms. Erin: Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
Ms. Kay: Little Drummer Boy
- Ms. Alisha: All I want for Christmas is you
- Mr. Mike: This Christmas
- Ms. Le Andra: I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
- Ms. Danielle: The Grinch
- Ms. Katie: Greensleeves
- Ms. Rachel: All of them...this is a horrible question!
Ms. Ericka: All I want for Christmas is you
Ms. Mikayla: Feliz Navidad
Ms. Constance: Jingle Bells
Ms. Hailey : All I want for Christmas is you