“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” - Benjamin Franklin
What is Emergent Curriculum you ask?
It is about your child learning through their own interests and discoveries using all the different learning styles. A topic can be created by anything observed - play, conversations, story time, the topic are endless.
You ask why Emergent Curriculum?
When your child enjoys an activity, their motivation becomes intrinsic and develops a love for learning. A perfect preparation for a successful education.
How is Emergent Curriculum implemented?
- Objective observations
- Documentations using Anecdotal Records, ABC Narrative Event. and Tally Event
- Project, thematic, and Reggio Emilia approaches that represents children's creativity
- Webbing to demonstrate the different possibilities
- Flexibility to change topic based on children's interests
- Lots and lots of patience