THE HATTER UPDATE (March 4, 2022)
THE COMMUNICATION FORUM FOR HIGH SCHOOL FAMILIES
RED & BLACK WEEK
Last Friday night was the culmination of an outstanding week of school wide competition. For over 30+ years, Red and Black has been a staple of our high school community and last week was no exception. Congratulations to all of the student participants, staff that contributed and the community who supported. This was truly a school community effort.
WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
The month of March, by way of presidential proclamation since 1987, we celebrate Women's History Month. It is an opportunity to publicly celebrate women's contributions to history, culture and society. The theme for this year's recognition is 'Providing Healing - Promoting Hope'.
COURSE SELECTION TIMELINE
Each student will have an individual meeting with their counselor regarding their course selections. If the selections have been carefully made, changes should not be necessary, except in unusual situations. If a student wishes to request a change, they must meet with the school counselor before the deadline for changes to course selections - that date is March 25, 2022. Student choices will be made available for families to view through PowerSchool. Families will receive an email alert in March that provides access. We cannot stress enough the importance of carefully considering and selecting courses during this time.
CLASS OF 2025
9th Grade Inventories
Students in 9th grade were asked to complete self-discovery inventories in our Naviance program. These inventories help students identify their interests and discover work environments and careers that match these interests. These inventories help counselors in their individual meetings with students. Please encourage your student to complete these inventories ASAP. Students received several emails regarding this. We appreciate your partnership.
The presentation from the Act 158 Family Night (February 28) is posted on the high school webpage. You can find it in three different locations.
Keystone Exams / Overview (hatboro-horsham.org)
State Graduation Requirement / Overview (hatboro-horsham.org)
SPRING KEYSTONE EXAM INFORMATION
Spring Keystone Re-testing/Testing:
Keystone proficiency is now a graduation requirement for the class of 2023 and beyond. If you are enrolled in a Keystone trigger course this semester, you will be automatically enrolled to take Keystones this spring and will receive communication closer to the dates in May (Algebra/Prob-Stat, Biology, Literature). Please be sure to check your emails!
There are some students who could benefit from re-taking or taking the Keystones in the Spring in order to meet one of the Pathways to Graduation outlined in Act 158. Students who fall into this category received an email explaining this. The email also contained a form for guardians to complete indicating if your student would be taking advantage of the extra support/review sessions to prepare them for success on the Keystone in the subject area(s) they will be re-taking/taking. If you received this email and did not yet fill out the form, please scan the QR code to the right, and indicate your child(ren)'s name and which review sessions they will be participating in.
The Art Department is extremely proud to recognize students whose work was selected for the Pennsylvania State Education Association’s annual ‘Touch the Future’ art show. This is an incredibly competitive juried art show with few entries accepted. Congratulations to:
Jason Atcovitz, Amanda MacLaren, Joelle Kernosh, B Morgan, Alyssa Jackson, Martina Kernosh, Sydney Schoch, Krystal Negron, Jack Verdeur, Maddy Dunn-Zeigler, Jocelyn Kozen, and Liliana Bartholomew.
It was an outstanding weekend for Hatter athletes.
- The Hatters swim teams showed up big time in the PIAA District One Championships last weekend and took home 15 medals. The girls team finished 2nd in the District One, and set numerous team and individual records. Good luck to our swimmers as they head off to States next week.
- The wrestling team will send four people to Southeast Regionals this weekend. Hunter Long placed 4th, Joe Martini III placed 3rd, Ryan Allgeier placed 3rd and Chris Staub placed 2nd.
- Brian DiCola won the Indoor State Championship in the 3200, and four wrestlers will advance to the Southeast Regional Wrestling Tournament.
A PEEK AT ROBOTICS - THE 2022 TEAM
The Hatboro-Horsham Robotics Team is well underway in their preparation of a robot for the 2022 season. Since January, the team has met 5 nights per week and both Saturdays and Sundays to design, fabricate, assemble and program their 120-pound competition robot. We wish them luck as they finalize the robot over the next two weeks in preparation for the competition season. Please take a moment to watch their build week 7 video on YouTube below. We are excited for Team 708 to debut this weekend at the Mid-Atlantic Robotics Event!
HATTERS HOLD 'EM EVENT
Join us for the HHEF’s 4th Hatters Hold ‘Em, a lively evening of casino games—all to support extraordinary learning experiences for Hatboro-Horsham students. Winnings earn you raffle tickets to win fabulous prizes! This fun community event is hosted in partnership with the Borough of Hatboro and Horsham Township. You can enjoy mingling with local officials, Hatboro-Horsham educators, our 'celebrity' dealers and your neighbors!
RED & BLACK RAFFLE BASKETS - WINNERS
Thank you & Congratulations!
· Senior Prize Pack - Ryan Toporowski
· Junior Prize Pack - Jack Barbor
· Sophomore Prize Pack - Ava Treski
· Freshman Prize Pack - Nadia Clevinger
· 8th Grader Prize Pack - Mackenzie Bombas
· Parent's Night Out - Jennifer Parliament
· Elementary Students - Summer Fun Basket - Maria Mahaffey
· General Membership Meeting - Wednesday, 03/16/22 (D108) – 7:00 pm
FLASH SALE – SPECIAL OCCAION CLOTHING SALE
· 3/24-25/22 – HATS Special Occasion Clothing Sale 10:00 am-12:00 pm
· Sign up link - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0C4DADA922A31-hats
· 3/26-27/22 – Special Occasion Clothing Sale 12:00-6:00 pm
· Volunteers Needed - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0C4DADA922A31-special1
VIRTUAL SPRING FLING BINGO - Friday, 04/01/22 – Virtual Bingo
· Sign Up today - $30 for 10 games with amazing Spring & Summer outdoor prizes
o We are looking for volunteers to help with all our 2022-2023 BINGO events. If you are interested in getting involved in this committee, please reach out to President.HSA.HHHS@gmail.com
BUSINESS DONATION CAMPAIGN - Supporting our Post Prom is a way to promote your business or organization while helping us keep the students of HHHS safe after Prom.
· If you can help with a monetary donation or prizes, use the link below or contact email@example.com
For more information on any of the event please see out Web Page - https://www.hatboro-horsham.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=1042 or HS Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/HHHSHSA