Brookwood Elementary School - October 6, 2021
Mark Your Calendar:
- October 7 - 11 - Fall Break - Student/Staff Holidays
- October 12 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 5; 2-3 - Day 4
- October 13 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 6; 2-3 - Day 5
- October 14 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 7; 2-3 - Day 6
- October 15 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 8; 2-3 - Day 7
- October 15 - PTA Charleston Wrap Orders Due
- October 20 - Digital Learning Day #2
- October 20 - 21 - Scholastic Book Fair - Open for Purchase - 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- October 21 - Early Release Day
- October 26 - Dogwood Pizza Night
Traveling Outside the U.S. during Fall Break?
For unvaccinated travelers...
The CDC recommends that unvaccinated travelers get tested for COVID-19 from 3 to 5 days after returning AND self-quarantine at home for a full 7 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers who test positive must isolate to protect others from getting infected, following isolation guidance for a positive case.
- Even travelers who test negative should self-quarantine at home for the full 7 days. All unvaccinated students and staff who travel outside the U.S. should self-quarantine at home, and will not be able to return to school or work for at least 7 days after their return to the U.S.
- Travelers who choose not to be tested should self-quarantine at home for a full 10 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers should avoid being around people who are at increased risk for 14 days, whether tested or not.
For fully vaccinated travelers...
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not have to quarantine. However, the CDC recommends getting a viral test 3 to 5 days after travel.
- If the test is positive, they should follow isolation guidance for a positive case.
- Vaccinated travelers also should self-monitor for symptoms. If they develop symptoms within 14 days of international travel, they should isolate and get tested.
We Love Our Custodians!
PTA's Fall Fundraiser Deadline Extended
PTA has extended the deadline for the Charleston Wrap Fundraiser until Friday, October 15th. We are ONLY 71 items away from meeting our sales goal of 1,425 items. When we meet our goal, Mrs. Lillard will wear a cow costume!
Go to the PTA website for information on how to support the fall fundraiser by shopping or making a direct donation.
- Skills and Games - 2nd & 3rd Grade - Thursdays at 7:45am from October 14th - January 27th - Students will be practicing the skills of throwing and catching in basketball, soccer, and volleyball. Limited to 30 participants.
- Running Club - 4th & 5th Grade - Tuesdays at 3:45 - 4:30 pm from October 19th - December 14th. Students must be able to jog 2 laps on the BES track with stopping. Cost is $15 and includes a Running Club t-shirt. Limited to 30 participants.
- Intramurals Club - 5th Grade - Fridays at 7:45am from October 15th - April 29th.
Applications for all clubs are available on Mrs. Wardle's P.E. eCLASS page.
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Brookwood Elementary!
- October 12th - 14th - Student Book Preview
- October 15th - 22nd - Student Book Purchasing
- October 20th & 21st - Book Fair Open to the Public for Parent Purchasing* 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Make shopping easy with a safe, cashless way to shop the book by setting up an eWallet for your student at the Scholastic Book Fair website.
Starting today Wednesday, October 6th, the Scholastic Virtual Book Fair is open for online purchases. Purchases made online will ship right to your home, and orders over $25 ship for free.
* Parents and students wishing to purchase will enter the Media Center from its outside door NOT the BES front doors.
Book Fair Volunteers Needed
Brookwood Elementary Spelling Bee
You can begin helping your student prepare now using the School Spelling Bee Study List.
Yearbook Now on Sale
Place your order TODAY to purchase this year's yearbook for the low price for $36.00. The price of the yearbook will increase on October 30th! (Credit card installment plan is available.)
One Month Left to Purchase a 5th Grade Ad!
Create and purchase your 5th grade ad between now and November 1st at the the Jostens website! This year we have two ad sizes to choose from: 1/4 Page - $30 and 1/8 Page - $20.
A MESSAGE FROM The BES HEALTH RESPONSE TEAM
Did you know that Brookwood ES has a Health Response Team (HRT) which manages and communicates COVID related information with staff, students and parents? The HRT gathers information, conducts contact investigations and communicates as needed. In the next few months, it is important that you continue to alert the school if your child develops symptoms or tests positive for the virus.
Common symptoms include:
Fever (100.4 or higher), Cough, Shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting, sore throat, fatigue
Brookwood ES HRT Members:
Brookwood ES: 770-736-4360
Brooke Ahlers: email@example.com
Bridget Fagan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany Pruitt: email@example.com
Debbie Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bidding for Good
- Student Principal for the Day - auction ends November 1, 2021
- Lunch with the Principal (1 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Lunch with the Principal (2 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Morning Announcements with the Principal for a Week - auction ends February 4, 2022