Excellence in a Creative Environment for Learning
DBE is Celebrating TN EPSO WEEK!
- Local Dual Credit
- Statewide Dual Credit
- Dual Enrollment
- Industry Certification
- Advanced Placement
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
This year, all elementary, middle, and high schools are encouraged to participate in the EPSO Week social media challenge. Faculty, staff, and students may earn points for their school by completing events on the EPSO Week Challenge list. The school with the most points will earn a prize that will be announced in coming weeks.
How to earn EPSO Week Challenge points:
Schools or individuals must post a tweet that meets all of the following criteria:
- include the name of your school and for which event you are earning points;
- document completion of the challenge, such as a photograph or video;
- use the hashtag #EPSOWeek2018; and
- tag your school (@KCS_DBEXCEL), district (@KCS_District), and Tennessee Pathways (@TN_Pathways) on Twitter.
Click HERE to view more specific information about the social media challenge, including the tweets that will earn our school points!
DBE MATE Team Meeting
Keep up with the team this year by following us on Twitter! @MATE_DBEXCEL
- Shanna Hensley/DBE: @KCS_DBEXCEL
- Amanda Dunham: @Dunham_DBEXCEL
- Antonia Adinolfi: @MissA_DBEXCEL
- Brandon Lewis: @Lewis_DBEXCEL
- Erica Gardner: @Gardner_DBEXCEL
- Jay Conkin: @Conkin_DBEXCEL
- Josh Mowell: @Mowell_DBEXCEL
- Leah Darnell: @Darnell_DBEXCEL
- Robin Kerkhoff: @KerkhoffDBEXCEL
- Sam McCord: @McCord_DBEXCEL
- Sara Shaffer: @Shaffer_DBEXCEL
- Vicky Livesay: @livesay_DBEXCEL
- MATE Team: @MATE_DBEXCEL
Pairing Codes for Canvas Parent Accounts
*If you already have an account from the Canvas Parent App, log in to Canvas using those credentials.
To observe a student, you must obtain a pairing code from your student. Students can generate a pairing code by signing into Canvas then Click Account>Settings>Pair with Observer.
To set up your parent account:
- Go to https://kingsport.instructure.com/login/canvas
Enter the following information:
-Enter your name in the Your Name field.
-Enter your email in the Your Email field.
-Enter your password in the Password field.
-Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
-Enter a pairing code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
-Click the Start Participating button.
To observe a student, you must have a student pairing code. Students can access the pairing code through their settings
- Click the Start Participating button.
Some notes on the pairing code:
For now, each pairing code will live for 24 hours. That means once the pairing code is generated, it will remain valid for 24 hours, then it expires.
Each pairing code can only be used once. Once it’s used in account registration, the pairing code expires and the observer remains successfully paired. If you want to pair two observers to one student, each observer needs a unique pairing code.
Want to learn more about Canvas?
Join the Parent Introduction to Canvas course!
(no need for an account - this course is open to the public!)
Click here to go to the Canvas login page. Click Browse courses. Choose the "Parent Introduction to Canvas" course.
DBE School Schedule
School Day: 7:45am - 2:30pm
Advisory 7:45am - 8:25am
A Block 8:30am - 9:45am
B Block 9:50am - 11:05am
C Block 11:10am - 1:05pm
D Block 1:10pm - 2:30pm
Dismissal: Beginning at 2:30pm
Bus riders will be dismissed at the 2:30pm bell.
Car riders will be dismissed as the bus leaves.
- Student drivers and walkers will be dismissed last.
*Advisory is a class and students will have tasks to complete during this period. Attendance will be taken in Advisory and absences can effect their ability to participate in school activities that have attendance requirements.*
Below you will find D-B's daily schedule. The first day of school they will have an extended homeroom period then starting on Tuesday they will operate on a regular schedule.