COVID CLOSURE - STUDENT PERSONAL ITEMS PICK UP
Eagle Academy encourages academic excellence by integrating proven instructional methods with a challenging curriculum and high expectations.This combination provides every child with the foundation needed to achieve proficiency of Eagle Academy’s performance standards at each instructional level.
Student personal belongings, spring pictures (with order/payment information), and identifiable contents from lost and found are being collected, sorted, and labeled for family pickup by our grade-level classroom and specials teachers.
Due to current health and safety concerns, we are following the Muni and ASD's COVID-19 protocols. It is suggested that individuals wear masks and use gloves when you are out and about not just for your personal protection but for the safety and health of others. Families will not be allowed to enter the building during personal item pick-up. We will be utilizing a non-person-to-person contact procedure to distribute student items to families, similar to a drive-through.
1) Using our normal "end of the day" "pick up" traffic flow, pull up to the curb as usual. Please have a sign with your family's last name and your student's first name(s) written in big bold lettering clearly visible to staff. Families should remain in their vehicles.
2) Staff will radio into the building and a staff member will retrieve your student's bagged items and wheel it out to the curb on a cart. Once staff members are a safe distance away, someone (preferably an adult) may exit your vehicle to retrieve the bag(s).
Please note that all items in classrooms that were not labeled or easily identifiable by your teacher or TA will remain in the classroom until the school is reopened.
Pickup will be according to the following schedule:
MONDAY, MAY 4
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am - Students with Last Names A - G
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Students with Last Names H - Q
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - break
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Students Last Names R - Z
Tuesday, May 5
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am - Students with Last Names H - Q
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Students with Last Names R - Z
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - break
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Students Last Names A - G
Wednesday, May 6
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am - Students with Last Names R - Z
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Students with Last Names A - G
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - break
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Students Last Names H - Q
Deanne Carroll - Principal
Milk and Pizza Friday Options
The PTO and 6th grade would like to offer the following options for those participating in milk and/or pizza Friday. Your family can choose to cash out the remaining balance for the program(s), or roll over the balance to next year. If we don’t hear from you by 5/20, thank you for your donation.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice (refund, rollover, donate), and if you choose to cash out, send the name to go on the check and the correct address for mailing. If you would like a confirmation of receipt, put that in the email as well. We can text or email.
We are here to help
Eagle Academy is an amazing community professional educators, families, and friends who have come together to support one another. The COVID 19 pandemic has thrust us into new and unchartered territory. Many of us have had to learn to let go of what we thought life would be like, make adjustments, and have started re-envisioning a new life based on current realities.
Whether it is an unexpected loss of a job, unexpected medical bills, the stress of being cooped up at home for long periods of time, or the challenge of balancing teaching your students and working from home, many in our network are finding themselves in need of support or resources.
We are all in this together. EACS and the Anchorage School district are here to help. We know that children do their best work when they and their families have the resources they need to stay healthy and happy. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your teacher or Mrs. Carroll if there is anything we can do to help.
Mobile Food Pantry (MFP) – Anchorage
Find fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and other fresh food at no cost at Food Bank of Alaska’s Mobile Food Pantry. There are 20 mobile pantries each month in eight different Anchorage neighborhoods. Click here for locations and schedule.
Emergency Food Box Distribution
Through the end of April, we will be distributing boxes of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) at the Tikahtnu Commons old Sam’s Club parking lot. This distribution will take place every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5-7 pm. Please DO NOT show up before 4:30 pm on distribution days.
• Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 5-7 pm.
• Drive-through distribution ONLY.
• One box per family, per week.
• No delivery is available for these food boxes.
Click here to see a flyer with more information.
The Children's Lunchbox
The Children’s Lunchbox in Anchorage will be providing food boxes at 5 distribution sites. The boxes will contain 2 suppers for each child present – one for the day of service and one for the following day. Children must be present to qualify. These will be provided as grab-and-go boxes in a drive-thru line. Families wil also be able to receive 2 Pantry Boxes of shelf-stable meals for a family of 4 while supplies last.
- Loussac Place, 200 W. 20th Ave., Anchorage, AK 99503
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 3:00pm-3:45pm
- Mt. View Boys and Girls Club parking lot, 315 Price St., Anchorage, AK 99508 – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3:00pm-3:45pm
- Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club, 2300 W 36th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99517 – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3:00pm-3:45pm
- Fairview Recreation Center parking lot, 1121 E 10th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501 – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:00pm-4:45pm
- Muldoon Mall, across from Fred Meyer
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:00pm-4:45pm
Lutheran Social Services of Alaska Food Pantry
Our emergency food assistance is by far our largest program, providing food assistance in the LSSA Food Pantry and at our Mobile Food Pantry sites. In 2018 LSSA distributed 720,000 pounds of food to over 56,000 individuals. Clients receive government commodities and also get to choose from donated food and food purchased by LSSA. We offer additional government commodity boxes for seniors and children. The pantries are always in need of volunteers and food donations.
Hours of Operation:
LSSA Food Pantry:
Clients can receive food once a
Mobile Food Pantry: Every Tuesday, registration begins at 4:30pm, food is served starting at 5pm at the Lutheran Church of Hope parking lot. Clients can receive food weekly.
For more information contact the food pantry directly at 907-272-0643 press X 14.
ASD Provides free meals to all students
The Anchorage School District continues to provide meals to ALL students, including EACS students, at designated sites and bus routes across the community. Each day our dedicated employees are excited to see so many kids coming to get a nutritious meal. We plan to continue this service to our ASD families, but we need your help. Whether picking up meals at our fixed sites or at one of our six bus routes, please be mindful of a couple of important safety measures.
- Please maintain proper social distancing while at a pick-up site to help protect community members and ASD employees against the spread of COVID-19.
- This includes not congregating in groups at any of the bus stops or rapidly approaching the buses as they stop.
- School site pick-up will soon be outside of the school building. Tables and awnings will be set up outside to allow for quick, convenient pickup while helping to ensure everyone’s safety.
We want to continue to provide this valuable service, but we need everyone’s help to ensure it can be done safely for everyone involved.
WHO: Food will be available for any child 18 years of age or younger at established food service sites. Students are encouraged to pick up meals and if they are unable, then parents/guardians may pick up for them.
WHAT: Daily meals will be provided, but only for the one day. Students will need to return to acquire an additional meal the following day.
WHEN: For families utilizing school food services, ASD Student Nutrition will provide free food beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 1, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: During the weekdays through May 1, meals will be available at the following distribution sites:
- Abbott Loop Elementary School
- Airport Heights Elementary School
- Baxter Elementary
- Central Middle School of Science
- Chester Valley Elementary School
- Chinook Elementary
- Chugiak Elementary
- Creekside Park Elementary School
- Fairview Elementary School
- Fire Lake Elementary School
- Government Hill Elementary School
- Homestead Elementary
- Klatt Elementary School
- Lake Hood Elementary
- Lake Otis Elementary School
- Mountain View Elementary School
- Muldoon Elementary School
- North Star Elementary School
- Northwood Elementary School
- Nunaka Elementary
- Ptarmigan Elementary School
- Russian Jack Elementary School
- Taku Elementary School
- Ursa Major Elementary
- Willow Crest Elementary
- Williwaw Elementary School