SPRING SHOW PREPARATION
Saturday April 30, 2016
SPRING TO DANCE PREPARATION
STEP 1- REPLNISH
REPLENISH! REFILL! RENEW!
- Black Knee Pads?
- All Hair Items?
- Make up?
- Earrings ( silver) (black stone)?
- Black Tights, Black Ballet Skirt?
Pack all Checklist Items In Backpack
BLACK MKDB BAG!
Black Class Attire
ALL Shoes ( Jazz, Boots, Tennis, Ballet)
Black Ballet Skirt
Black Compression Shorts (Jaden)
Black Slacks, Dress Shirt (Jaden)
STEP 2- PROMOTE/MAKE YOUR LIST
The show is this month, so we must begin showing our excitement for another great MKDB Show! The performers must get every chance they can get to perform new material , which strengthens their performance quality. Please use the tools below to promote your show!
When a new TV Show is about to air, we see that show being advertised over and over on all outlets, we must do the same. Lets pack this show out! Lets sell it out!
1. Social Media- what a great tool! Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Whatever you have, use it. Promote the online ticket sales at mkt.com/mkdb
2. Email- Email the postcards, I have produced, to invite a multitude of people. Online ticket sales mkt.com/mkdb
3. Text - Text The Postcard and promote the show. With Text messages, only text 3 times total. The First one- Invite The Second One- Ask if They need a ticket. The Third One- A Friendly Reminder- Don't Miss It
4. Physical Postcards and Tickets- We will produce postcards and tickets. Give postcards to people you do not know. Look at the work of Rochie, with The Bunny Hop!
STEP 3- YOUR SPRING DISH
- Think Of A Dessert or Dish that you think will sale well.
- It needs to be a dish that can be served to individuals quickly.
- The dish must be named and related to the season of Spring.
- You will email your dish cost. We will be making cards to tape on trays.
- Tell Friends and Family to Bring Cash.
- All proceeds from your booth, will go towards your account.
- The dish or dessert cannot need electricity, no wires running. There is a kitchen in the back. The oven can be used.
- Your spring dish must be prepacked in spring colors or prints, or served on spring colors or print plates, bowls, etc.
- Title your dish with a creative name.
- Adult Performers we will assign a crew member to assist with your dish sales.
HOW WE WILL SERVE THE FOOD
Your Spring Dishes will be served on Trays.
You will walk around, with your tray of goodness and introduce your dish for purchase.
You may use the kitchen to replenish your trays.
Only One Dance Parent representative per dancer.
You may provide your own trays, that best suit your dish. Dollar Tree has some awesome trays.
HOW WILL WE SALE THE DISHES?
1. As our guest arrive, they will be asked how many dessert tickets would they like to purchase.
2. It is $1.00 Per Ticket.
3. If they pay $5.00 they will receive 5 tickets.
4. Tickets may be used for any dish they would like to eat. If your dish cost $2.00 then they need to give you 2 tickets.
5. At the end of the show will count your tickets and apply the funds directly to your account! Awesome!
6. PRICE Your Dish- Minimum $1.00
7. SELECT Your Unit Sale ( $1.00 per slice) ($2.00 per cup) for example.
8. EMAIL your price and unit.
TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO BRING CASH- WE ARE OLD SCHOOL
SOME GREAT INSPIRATION
STEP 4- PREP FOR SHOW
- Medium-Long In Length TWO FRENCH BRAIDS
- Added Hair For Length must match natural hair color.
- At least shoulder length, but do not pass lower back.
PACK ON THURSDAY
1. ENSURE YOUR BACK PACK IS PACKED ON THURSDAY!
-ALL MAKE UP
-ALL HAIR PRODUCTS
-BOTH PAIRS OF EARRINGS
-LOTION AND DEODORANT
-ASHY- BLACK TIGHTS
-CHARAE- WHITE TIGHTS
-HIP HOP BOOTS
-ROBE- must have robe
-WATER, SHOW SNACKS (Granola, Dried Fruit, Fruit etc)
- Bring Money for Lunch Run
2. ENSURE YOU HAVE HAIR PRODUCTS ALREADY PURCHASED.
3. PREP INGREDIENTS FOR DESSERTS
4.NAILS- NO NAIL POLISH, CLEAR POLISH ONLY, NATURAL NAILS.
5. SHAVE- when you shower tonight, shave on this night. Many of you have sleeveless costumes.
6. SET OUT BLACK CLASS ATTIRE and BLACK HIP HOP BOOTS
*HAVE THESE THINGS PREPARED ON THURSDAY, DO NOT LET YOUR PERFORMER STAY UP LATE ON FRIDAY!
- After School/Work for dancer- STUDY SCRIPT ALOT and Go Over Choreography
- Hair Done
- Shower or Warm Bath
- DANCER CURFEW IS 9:30 P.M. DO NOT HAVE THEM UP LATE FOR HAIR OR BAKING.