Mitosis vs. Meiosis
By: Daniel Byrd
Difference In Number of Daughter Cells Produced
- In Meiosis, 4 haploid cells are produced because during Meiosis the cell is multiplied, then it's divided once in Meiosis 1, and then it's divided again in Meiosis 2 to get 4 haploid cells.
Difference In Number of Divisions
- In Meiosis there is 2 divisions (Meiosis I, and Meiosis II) in Meiosis I a cell is multiplied and then divided to get 2 new cells, and in Meiosis II the 2 new cells are divided again to get 4 haploid cells.
Difference In Genes
- In Meiosis the genes inside every chromosome are genetically different because the chromosome in Meiosis goes through Sexual Reproduction.
Difference In the Number of Chromosomes
- In Meiosis the number of chromosomes is 1/2 the number of the original cell because you in Meiosis I the cell is multiplied, and divided, and in Meiosis II is it divided again.
Difference In what Mitosis and Meiosis Occurs In
- Meiosis only occurs in humans, animals, plants, and fungi, because it is in charge of producing sex cells for reproduction.