way 2 communicate
About the project
- Educator : Azhar Youssef
- From: Sohag, Egypt
- Content/Subject Areas: English as a Foreign Language and ICT.
- Grade Level: 10th grade (15-16 years old)
- School: EL-Hag Hadad Secondary School. It is located in Sohag Governorate, Egypt. It is a public school which was established in the academic year 1982-1983. There are 88 teachers and 1024 students. It has 19 classrooms this year. Each classroom includes 50-60 students.
- Students: They are first-year secondary school students. They are between 15-16 years old. They love using technology in their everyday lives, they are good at speaking and writing in English, they can work in groups to complete tasks, and they can bring their devices to work with at school.
Objectives of the Project
- To learn more about the ways of communication in the 21st century.
- To listen, read, speak, and write in English fluently.
- To think critically about the pros and cons of the communication tools used by teens.
- To interact with others through commenting on the blog’s and Facebook group’s posts.
- To create surveys and analyze data.
- To make an argument about teens' favorite ways of communication.
- To translate into English.
- To create podcasts, videos, and posters.
- To work in groups to complete tasks.
- To reflect on learning experiences.