Jill's Mission Adventure
Some Decisions . . .
MB Mission Leadership had a chance to meet at the end of February to discuss my future assignment. Back in November I had been called to serve with John & Ev Wiens in Ukraine. John's passing in January means that there are currently no MB Mission workers on the ground in Ukraine, and therefore no team for me to join. Although MB Mission has no plans to stop any of their work with the churches there, at this time it has been discerned that I will not be going to Ukraine. MB Mission greatly values sending people out in teams, and especially for my first term desire that I be placed in a community where I can be intentionally mentored and discipled.
The journey the past few months has been a difficult one. The outcomes have not been what I was praying and asking for. But again and again God reminds me that my plans are not His plans, and that His thoughts and ways are far above all that I can even imagine. God is good and His love endures forever. I have complete peace that Jesus has closed this door and I have confidence that Jesus will continue to lead and direct where I go to next. And I am excited to move forward in this next discerning phase!
I continue to work on raising a team of prayer and financial supporters. I would love the opportunity to share with you individually, or at your church or small group. Please contact me to arrange a time to connect.
Praise Items and Prayer Requests:
- Praise God for His Sovereignty, His unending mercy, His faithfulness, and His unchanging goodness.
- Praise God for the AVOCAT Prayer Equipping weekend I was a part of at the end of February, and the team of prayer supporters that continue to gather around me.
- Continue to pray for Ev Wiens, and the churches in Ukraine as they move forward without John. Pray that God would raise up new workers.
- Pray for the people and nation of Ukraine in this time of political uncertainty.
- Pray for myself and MB Mission Leadership as we discern a new assignment for my first term. Pray that God would even now give me a passion to love the people group and nation that He calls me to.
To Donate Online by Credit Card - Click Here
For Automatic Monthly Withdrawals - Click Here
Jill's Contact Information:
25 Walnut St PO Box 303
Zurich, ON N0M 2T0
MB Mission Contact Information:
300-32040 Downes Road
Abbotsford, BC V4X 1X5