Parade of Pumpkins
October 15, 2021
Hello CBA Families!
One of our biggest and most exciting events of the year is quickly approaching… The Parade of Pumpkins! Here is a little information on this highly anticipated event:
- This is our 17th annual Parade of Pumpkins. The event was started by our Third Graders, and is a student led service project.
- The event is a fundraiser for the organization, Bringing Hope Home. Bringing Hope Home (BHH) is a nonprofit organization that provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. To learn more about this charitable organization, please visit www.bringinghopehome.com.
- During the week of October 12th, we will be selling pumpkins at drop off and pick up. Pumpkins are $15. We are asking that each family carve a pumpkin and create a Jack-o-Lantern for our parade. Once you are done, please return your Jack-o-Lantern to school on Friday, October 15th. We will line the playground with a parade of spook-tacular jack-o-lanterns!
- During the event, we will be selling soft pretzels, sweet and savory snacks, donuts, apple cider, and glow bracelets. All money collected will go toward Bringing Hope Home.
- The event runs from 5:30pm to 8:30pm on Friday, October 15th!
We need your help!
In order for our event to be successful, we are going to need your help! Read on to find out ways to lend a hand…
Carve! - Purchase a pumpkin for $15 and carve it into a Jack-O-Lantern. Return it to school on the morning of 10/15. We will line the playground with all of CBA’s spooky creations!
Share the love! - All CBA families are invited. Spread the news to friends and family to join in the fun of our first in-person, outdoor event!
Donate! - Bringing Hope Home has set up a donor page for our event. Students and their parents are encouraged to click the link below and register to begin collecting donations. Once you are registered, you can share you donor page with family and friends to help our fundraiser be the most successful one yet! One-time donations are also accepted on the website. Click on one-time donation button and follow the directions. Thank you!
Some ideas for carving!
Who's got jokes?
It had no guts!
What did the pumpkin say to the carver?
Cut it out!
Why was the jack-o-latern so forgetful?
Because he was empty headed!
What do you call a group of pumpkin besties?