"Off to a Good Start" in your Second Language Assignment!
OTAGS One Day Version
Friday, Oct. 3rd 2014 at 8:30am-3:30pm
Woodcroft, Edmonton, AB, Canada
This workshop will:
- facilitate individual and small groups of teachers’ understanding of the fundamentals of their language curricula, critical resources, meaningful assessment, and approaches to planning in second languages.
- introduce the Ministerial Order on Student Learning (#001/2013) and its cross‐curricular competencies, as well as the District`s new assessment policy will also be included.
- provide time for individual and/or small group planning with EPS Curriculum and Resource consultant support.
Whether you are new to a second language teaching assignment, or are an experienced L2 teacher, this workshop will benefit you!
Target audience: Grades K-12 Teachers of all second languages and programs
Date: Friday, October 3, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: The Languages Centre at Woodcroft
Parking: School side of street only
Sign in: At front entrance
Cost: $60 (includes light breakfast and lunch)
For more information: Michelle De Abreu at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-429-8231
What you will need
- Key materials for planning
- Access to your program of studies (and for FSL, the Program Articulation documents)
- Your own technology, if possible